hernias again

brian V.
on 8/29/04 2:22 pm - parma, oh
ok i'm now living with my fourth hernia i'm 8 years post op. rny by the BTC now Barix group. They fixed the first 3, I think it's time to find someome else number 3 was fixed in 7-03. now number 4 is here in a differnt spot along the same incision.Has anyone esle have multiple hernias.
D S.
on 9/4/04 10:51 am - PA
I have not had multiple hernias but I have a question for you. I had my surgery 3 weeks, 4 days ago. They found an umbilical hernia and repaired it. It is still draining. Was one of your hernias an umbilical, and if it was, how long did it drain?
brian V.
on 9/5/04 2:11 pm - parma, oh
No Darlene all my hernias were incisional types. The doctors said most are caused by a streched abdominnal musceles from a lifetime of being fat. If i knew they so common i would have waited until lap style became widely practiced.
Lori J.
on 10/2/04 10:40 pm - Mexia, Tx
What kind of symptoms did you have? I have had a second incisional hernia repair six days ago. The first was only a year ago. I am 3 1/2 years out from WLS. My WLS was open. Is this what we have to look forward to for the rest of our lifes? I am a little depressed about this. I did not realize when I had the WLS this was a possiblity.
brian V.
on 10/4/04 2:26 am - parma, oh
Hi Lori I think so: i didn,t really have any pain just a lump formed and it only has a dull ache when it bothers me i put on the old post op binder.i guess some of us have streched out the abdominal wall muscles by being very overweight a long time. this will be my fourth repair and they move to differnt regions alond the incision. be sure the DR. uses mesh my first two fixes didn't and they retuned quickly .good luck
Terry A.
on 10/27/04 11:07 pm - Ankeny, IA
I am about a year out from my first Incisional Hernia repair. My surgeon used mesh but said while it should last it could go at any time. Did your surgeon ever explain why you got your hernia in the first place? Did you have an infection first after surgery?
Most Active