Chronic Hay Fever Allergies

SHANNON B.
on 1/9/05 6:16 am - BATESVILLE, AR
My problem isn't a " Surgical Complication" but rather a personal problem for me. I had open gastric bypass on Nov. 15, 2004. I have chronic nasal allergies. I have been lucky that they havn't been bothering me until now. I sneeze an "umptine" amount of times day and night. My incision area is now incrediably sore. It feels like my insides will explode through my incisions. Now my questions is, does anyone know of a sugar free allergy plus decongestant medication? Such as Allegra, Zyrtec. I used to take Claritin D 24 hours. Had wonderful results (B4 surgery), but it has surgar in it, not sure how much though. Any help greatly appreciated. Best of luck to all of you!! Shannon
Dawn W.
on 1/10/05 1:40 am - Winchester, VA
Shannon, I had surgery on 11/23/04, and have had no problems taking Singulair, but I took myself off of it because I was slightly uncomfortable swallowing pills. While off of it I hve been using Flonase nose spray. It works just as well as the singulair and I don't have to worry about it getting stuck. Both have to be prescribed, but they are both wonderful. I don't know if they have sugar in them or not, but like I said, I didn't have any problems with either one. Good Luck. Dawn
SHANNON B.
on 1/12/05 7:20 am - BATESVILLE, AR
Thank You so much for your reply. My Dr. said I could take Claritin D (tablet) or Allegra. I used to use Flonase, many years ago...I loved the smell, reminded me of Lilacs. Hahaha. I'll try the Claritin D & hopefully It'll go down alright. Best of luck!!
Most Active