pain on left hand side of back, just above waist

yorkieGal
on 12/28/10 4:15 am - Clermont, FL
Hi Guys, I was just talking to my mom on the phone tellingher about the pain i have had since xmas eve. Pain is on left hand side, just above my waist and kind of wraps around to the front. it is a nagging pain, but strong enough that I am seriously considering going to the urgent care centre tonight on my way home from the store.
My mom started to worry that it is something kidney related as I feel so out of sorts with it. No high fever with it, but i feel nauseaus (but I put that down to taking extra strength tylenol - ever since my leak episode painkillers upset my stomach). Pain is not getting any better despite resting it for the last 2 days andputting a heat pad on it etc.
Anyone got any thoughts? I've never had kidney problems or stones and I dont have my gallbladder.
I think this terror stems from my leak episode, I automatically panic when anything is wrong and worry it is somehow DS related! I wonder if this ever goes away??

thanks

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

Renee2007
on 12/28/10 4:17 am - Central, FL
My first thought was a kidney stone. I would go and have it checked out, Nikki. They can determine if you have a stone or not. From the area that you describe the pain being in it definitely sounds like it's kidney related. I hope you feel better and keep us updated!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Elena22
on 12/28/10 4:23 am
Yeah, have it checked out, and let us know if it's DS related or not.

I'm pre-op, but I had a Kidney infection once and the pain was similar to what you described.
yorkieGal
on 12/28/10 4:26 am - Clermont, FL
Hey Renee, just what I DON"T need right now lol!! I had a thought just now, my patio doors have to have the roller replaced and it has been real stiff with the cold weather. As you can imagine, with the yorkie girls, I open that door a million times a day - wonder if all that pulling has pulled a muscle in my side?? I will go by the urgent care tonight though and get something stronger for the pain .
what other symptoms would i have if it were a kidney stone?? wouldnt I be writhing around with pain? I thought the pain was indescribable with a stone??
I guess we'll see what the doc says eh??

Yorkie x

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

Renee2007
on 12/28/10 4:32 am - Central, FL
I think the pain and sometimes the nausea that comes with it depends on how much it's moving and trying to pass. When it's clogging ducts and such it's going to wreak havoc. If it is in fact a stone yours might just be starting to try and move out of the kidney. Those passageways are narrow and even a small stone is going to cause some pain even if it's not catastrophic. I have heard several people describe it as a constant dull ache while other experience the severe pain. I think it just depends on the location. If it's not a stone and just a muscle strain then you'll at least get some muscle relaxers to take the edge off.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

yorkieGal
on 12/28/10 4:35 am - Clermont, FL
Ooohh muscle relaxers sound good right about now...I can feel my back agreeing with me too!!lol  I'll let you know what the urgent care doc says....although I have limited faith in them on the whole!
I sure hope it is a muscle strain and not a stone thats for sure!!

Yorkie x

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/10 5:02 am
When my DH had his stones, only one thing I could do would relieve the pain, and it would likely help if you have a muscle strain, too - I would wet a hand towel thoroughly, squeeze it out until it was thoroughly damp, and then microwave it for about 40-60 seconds.  It would be painful to touch, so that then gets put in a BIG fluffy towel and rolled or folded up.  The heat radiates from the microwaved towel, and the fluffy towel protects you from skin burns.  He would then lie on that in bed, positioned just under the area that was causing him pain.
yorkieGal
on 12/28/10 5:14 am - Clermont, FL
Ooohh BLR that sounds good!! I have been using one of those electric heat pads but then someone else told me that I shouldnt put heat on it, but ice!! That is SO not going to happen around here I can tell ya!!lol
thaks for the tip, might give that a go tonight when I am watching TV!!
Yorkie xx

jandbmama
on 12/28/10 5:14 am - Frederick, MD
My thought was kidney infection - I had one a few years ago and this is how it presented too.   Hope you get some relief soon!
Becky
yorkieGal
on 12/28/10 5:16 am - Clermont, FL
Guess I thought I would have some kind of fever or chills with a kidney infection? I do feel kind of rough but have put that down to having the constant nausea and not eating very well over the last few days.
I guess we'll find out sooner or later whats going on!!

Yorkie x

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 436 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 885 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 2 replies · 298 views