Dr. Stewart out of town patients...

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/11 2:22 am, edited 1/27/12 3:35 am

kymma29
on 7/3/11 7:50 am - willow park, TX
Hi I had surgery there with Dr. Stewart in 2009.  I ha a good experience.  I was in the hospital for three days.   My husband is having surgery there with Dr. Stewart on July 11th.

Not sure about your other question as I live fairly close.  Good luck!

Kim

Switched 9-21-09.  Ready to start my new life.  Praise God!
HW 274/CW178/GW140   

teachmid
on 7/3/11 8:01 am - OKC, OK
I don't know the answer to your question, but you might change the title of the post to get more responses. The length of time to stay locally depends on your surgeon, not the hospital.

Good luck on your surgery.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/11 4:07 pm
Thanks
geutenmorgan
on 7/3/11 4:31 pm
 I just had ds surgery last week/ wed.  He typically has you in the hospital 3-5 days.  Everything went perfect for me.... Whew!  I was there 3 days.  He has a preop class/ physical/ hospital registration that can be done the day before, though mine was done a week before surgery date.  He does a follow up appointment 2 weeks after surgery. That is what I know as far as appointments and timing.  Dr Stewart is really amazing! Love him!  His office has let me down  a lot, ,but I think they are working on that.  BTW the preop class costs $325 that the ins doesn't cover. So all $$ must be paid before surgery is done.
Good Luck.  You have picked a great surgeon!

CAN!!  by Rick Hoyt     
Tassia
on 7/3/11 5:52 pm
 Hi!

First, lots of love to Dr Stewart. He is really amazing!  

I had surgery in 2009.  Flew down from Chicago (was a self pay and I know someone who lives about 40 miles from him) on Nov 16-did the preop on the 17th, surgery on the 18th and flew home Dec 3.  Check out the post op, because Lea runs them on Thursdays and Dr S had her change mine to Tuesday to accomodate my flight.  She wasn't too happy about it and I ended up in the office for about 4 hours!  I probably wouldn't have stayed that long if I was paying for a hotel.  I could have gone home after 10 days.

Good luck to you!
*   Take 1 DS, add a little p90x and stir :)
5' 3"  HW 293/SW 253/Goal 130/CW 128

Nicolle
on 7/5/11 6:48 am
Hijack! Holy crap, look at the gun show in your signature line! Wahoo!

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

Tassia
on 7/5/11 12:06 pm
 lol... I'll flex for you in person again, you know I will :)
*   Take 1 DS, add a little p90x and stir :)
5' 3"  HW 293/SW 253/Goal 130/CW 128

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/11 11:27 pm
Ten days after surgery is more than enough.  I flew into Dallas on a Monday, had my pre-op classes on Tuesday, and had surgery on Wednesday.  I was released from the hospital on Saturday, and stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn, in Denton.  The following Tuesday, I had my post-op check up and classes, and then flew home the next day.  So, I was only in Texas for 7 or 8 days total.

If it were me, I'd book a room for the two days before surgery, and then maybe four or five days after surgery.  Check the hotel's cancelation policy though, as some places require 24-48 hours notice of you checking out.  They can charge you for another night's stay if you don't tell them you'll be checking out in enough time.

One word of advice....Do NOT drink the water in Denton!  It gave me horrific gastric distress.  The minute I started drinking bottled water, the symptoms stopped.
DarcyMad
on 7/4/11 1:54 am - Cedar Park, TX
Hi!  I actually left from the hospital to go home 3 days after surgery.  IF he wants you to get a hotel, you will have to stay for a total of 7 days after surgery.  He is pretty sensitive to those who travel so he may let you go home.  I live in Austin, so a 3 hour drive.  When you have someone drive you home just remember that you'll have to get out and walk every 45 min.  Bring a pillow to carry over your tummy and under your seatbelt.  It helps with the bumps!

I think your stay will depend a lot on complications, holding down liquids and your general status post-op.

Hope this helps!
DarcyMad
Surgery Date:  11/15/2010
Jewel506 is my Angel!    Angel to Kristi (Momx4)
Anything that is, or was, began as a dream - Lavagirl 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 318 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 780 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 259 views