QR Bar Code Tattoo for DS? (out there in left field, but feasible. . .)

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/11 11:02 am
This video got me to thinking:  http://mashable.com/2011/07/08/qr-code-tattoo/

QR codes are widely recognizable.  Almost everybody I know has a QR code scanner downloaded on their smart phone.  Now, I don't necessarily want an animated tattoo like in the video, but what about a DS QR code.  Imagine ending up in the ER and needing to have DS information, but you don't.  Or, imagine not being able to communicate for whatever reason with ER staff.  Someone in the ER would know what the QR code was and someone would have a smart phone.  Even my teenagers know about QR codes.  Somebody would have the wherewithall to scan it and it could link to a short video and links to DS information.   

I just think that would be cool!  OK, who's first?  It's just a tattoo! 

(Cue smart alec comments. . .) 

mariposantos
on 7/8/11 11:07 am - Raleigh, NC
Clever idea, although I'm not willing to be the guinea pig!  Why don't you try it out and report back?  :D

Pamela
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."  ~  Henry Ford  ~

AllieInOntario
on 7/8/11 11:18 am
I wouldn't want to put it anywhere were skin would sag... god only knows what code it would be after everything sagged :)
Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

StephOinAZ
on 7/8/11 11:21 am
It is SO funny that you posted this!  I just was messing around the other day with a website that you can create your own QR codes and put the information in it you want, then I scanned it with my phone and it popped up with my name, the names of my emergency contact, my surgery type, allergies, etc.  I had this VERY conversation with my friend that "hey! wouldn't that be an awesome tattoo instead of the MED ID tattoos?"  I love the idea because it'd look sorta cool, futuristic, and also would keep your info private other than to the medical officials who need to know it.  I don't want to have a MED ID tattoo that alerts EVERYONE to what my issues are, you know? 

The only thing you wouldn't really want to put in is addresses or phone numbers since those are likely to change over the years and you wouldn't be able to update a tattoo....UNLESS- and this just came to me- unless your QR code directed the device scanning it to an information page that could be updated on-line at any time---like that the QR code is set to a permanent page but the page could be updated through the owner's account.  Make sense?? LOL...no really, I think that this will eventually be the norm for a multitude of reasons.  Instead of driver's licenses or passports, people will have QR codes that will be scanned with all their info. 

I would totally get one- I really would.  :)
zuzupetals2u2
on 7/8/11 11:48 am - Sedona, AZ
if not a tatoo, how about at least a dog tag around our neck with the info??

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

kat08
on 7/8/11 1:18 pm - Matthews, NC
It's an interesting idea but it sounds too much like "the mark" for my taste.
-Kathy
Have you had or are you going to have the DS and live in the Charlotte, NC area?  There is a DS meet up group near you!  PM me for details.
Rena H.
on 7/8/11 3:47 pm - Spokane, WA
 I'd do it :)
HW - 395 / SW - 358 / GW - 150

zuzupetals2u2
on 7/8/11 5:06 pm - Sedona, AZ
I might consider it if there was place to put it that wont sag or need a lift . . lol  Maybe an ankle?? but if the technology changes it could become obsolete too in a short time. QR codes today but who knows about tomorrow. They could become like the 8 tracks were for music , , , much to consider. We should tho come up with an ER kit we can all print out and have for emergencies about the DS. I have been compiling things for awhile just in case . .

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

Frostbite25
on 7/8/11 5:21 pm
 I'd do it!.. 

WLS: Total lost 260 lbs - 03/14/11 Duodenal Switch with Dr. Mitchel Roslin
PS: 02/10/14 LBL w/ Anchor cut, Long Thigh Lift, Arm Lift, Breast Lift with Dr. Francisco Sauceda

Dr. Sauceda's Patient Group - Click here to Join

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 298 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 770 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 255 views