Top five things I'm doing after the weight is off

butercup
on 7/29/11 11:33 am, edited 7/30/11 3:23 am - Kennewick, WA
Had a bad week. So bad that I'm going to go on meds to help me pull out. I also just found out that one of our friends just had a second stroke. He's only 36. With all of this mounting stress and sadness I had to do something to take my mind off of it. Here's my list of the top 5 things I'm looking forward to doing after I'm thin. Almost like my skinny bucket list. Of course all of my health issues and tying my shoes without passing out come first. This is my fun list. Here goes....

1. Go back to Lagoon and Silverwood and ride the rides I either couldn't ride and had to get up and leave, or the rides they had to shove my fat around so they could belt me down.

2. Go back to Raging Waters and ride every single damn water slide, because I'll be able to fit into the tubes. Also I won't ROCKET OUT of the landing pool because I'm coming off the slide at warp speed.

3. Put pictures of myself on Facebook, my family blog, and not hide from people when I go out in public.

4. Ride a horse. It's one of my favorite things in this world and I haven't been able to do it for years.

5. Buy the silver
Manolo Blahnik's that Carrie wears in Sex and the City. (I can dream)

Did or do you have a skinny bucket list?

AllieInOntario
on 7/29/11 11:43 am
Oh hell yeah!

Shop at Old Navy. :)
Ride my bike again.
Feel comfortable flying.
Wear high calf boots.
That's just off the top of my head. :)
Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

butercup
on 7/29/11 11:48 am - Kennewick, WA
I want ALL of those things too.

Thanks for the comment.  You've helped me feel better.
StephOinAZ
on 7/29/11 12:02 pm
Oh Heidi **HUGS*** I'm sorry you're having a rough time :( 

I had to laugh and almost cry at the same time when I read your number 2.  I had a very similar experience at the water slide park up in Birch Bay :/  I was going down a slide on a tube but my HUGE BUTT was creating so much force that I ended up flipping over on my stomach with my tube on top of me, and I was too fat to roll myself back over whilst jetting down the slide.   I ended up letting go of the inner tube and that went flying out w/o me, and then here I come, ASS FIRST, out of the water slide, warp speeding across the landing pool and hit the stairs on the other end.  People were cracking up, and so of course I start laughing too, just to hide the embarrassment and pain.  I have not been to another water park since. :(

My skinny bucket list is miles long  but I'll throw out a few that come to mind.  Then I'll blog about the rest tomorrow :) thanks for the subject!

1. Be able to wrap a normal sized bath towel around me
2. Sit in my office chair and have the handles of the chair hit the desk before my belly does
3. Participate in the Komen 3 Day Walk with the rest of my co-workers (20 miles per day!)
4. Sit in any booth at a restaurant
5. Fit into a wet suit and go scuba diving

Feel better friend
butercup
on 7/29/11 12:24 pm - Kennewick, WA
Thanks.

Love your whole list too!
(deactivated member)
on 7/29/11 12:12 pm - OH
I'm sorry you are going through this! My "skinny bucket list" as you put it, keeps me going when I have a bad day as well. Before I decided on WLS I just went through the motions everyday. Now, I feel like everyday is a step closer to living a full life

Here's mine
1. To weigh LESS than my husband!
2. To swim or go to a waterpark in public.
3. To wear shorts outside (it has been many years).
4. To run in a 5k with my hubby (He runs them, I walk them).
5. To buy a rediculously over-priced pair of jeans that don't have an 8 inch long zipper like my pants now.

butercup
on 7/29/11 12:29 pm - Kennewick, WA
Thank you. :)

And I'm with you on #1!
ambermay
on 7/29/11 12:14 pm
I am with ya on the normal size towel thing.  I can't wait to stop using beach towels.  I mean why don't they make noraml towels in larger sizes??

1.  Learn to belly dance
2.  buy a wedding dress I love rather then one that just makes me look good and get remarried to my husband.
3.  RUN run with my kids run out of the rain, run down the street.  IDC I just wanna run with out pain.
4.  BUY SOME CLOTHES!!  with no floral.  I hate big girls clothes.  Why are they so ugly.  I can't wait to buy some clothes that I LOVE.
5.  Take lots of full body shots rather then just face pics that are taken at just the right angle so that you can not see my double chin..

5'6" -- HW 270ish/SW 153.6/GW 150/CW 138
Amber

butercup
on 7/29/11 12:33 pm - Kennewick, WA
I miss running too.  I used to hold the 100 yard dash record in high school if you can believe that.

Thanks for the comment. 
honeybadger 11
on 7/30/11 9:28 am - FL

AmberMay i would like to *like* your post! its soo similar to what i would post! belly dancing YES!! no more floral PLEASE!! i never got why even "fashionable" stores like lane bryant put floral print on their clothes...i dont want to dress like my gma, thank you very much! haha

I would love to "remarry" my hubby but just so i could get skinny ***** wedding pics because i was fortuante and loved and rocked my fat girl wedding dress:)

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 354 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 812 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views