14 days and counting!!!

WowMomLol
on 2/17/12 8:33 am - MI
I had my two week before surgery appointment today.  Wow my head is spinning with all the information.  I can tell I am so going to need all of you and your experiences, as I embark on this amazing journey to help keep it all straight!!
Right now I am just so excited that it is finally happening!!
MajorMom
on 2/17/12 8:37 am - VA
Time to get all your ducks in a row and stay busy! :)  Congratulations on making your decision and getting your date.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

WowMomLol
on 2/17/12 8:52 am - MI
Thanks MajorMom.  I am so excited tonight I could pee my pants...but I wont LOL.
WowMomLol
on 2/17/12 8:21 pm - MI

What ducks in particular do you mean?  I don't know if I should be doing something that I'm not.  I am purchasing the vitamins the doctor’s office told me too, although I haven't found multi adex in pill form only chewable.  I'm not crazy about chewable, but I may have to go that way anyway.

I have started my two week pre diet and have will purchase my two week post op liquid diet next week.  That will be at my last appointment before surgery and when I will have labs drawn once more.

The only other thing I can think of is I want to give the house a good cleaning before I am out of commission for a couple of weeks.

MajorMom
on 2/17/12 8:31 pm - VA
I use Vitalady's DS vitamin plan and my surgeon is on board with it because he's seen the proof they work on my labs. Here's the link: www.gblcreations.com/Resources/Gina/ProgramDRNY_ERNY_BPDDS3- 2010.pdf  There are many of Dr K's patients on her plan and I'll send you a link to where you can talk to them. Many of them have found Dr K's plan isn't enough for them long term. Check out Vitalady's site. She and her hubby are distal RNY patients. She has done all the homework and tested on herself. You get your labs, track them on a spreadsheet and tweak you vitamins as you go along. I've added some to her basic plan and taken some off or reduced them greatly. She has the best dry A, D, E and Ks you'll find anywhere. They are extremely small capsules. I was able to take capsules immediately post-op with my surgeon and dietitian's blessings. I hope I don't come across as negative. We DSrs have found that our surgeons don't always know what's best in aftercare. They may be awesome surgeons but not all knowing.

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

WowMomLol
on 2/18/12 12:53 am - MI
 Thank you so much for the information!  I don't think you sound negative at all; I want to know what people are doing to make this surgery a success.  I have been reading your bites and vites for the last couple of weeks to see how this surgery really works.  I was doing that before I even signed up on OH.  I hope you know how helpful that has been for me and I am sure countless others.  You are appreciated.
southernlady5464
on 2/18/12 10:21 pm
I agree about getting all your ducks in a row...and majormom is right about starting with Vitalady's plan and then tweaking it to your own labs later on.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

lk1970
on 2/17/12 9:49 pm
Hi! Congrats!
Is Dr Kemmeter your surgeon??

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!

WowMomLol
on 2/18/12 12:08 am - MI

Yes, Dr Kemmeter will be doing my ds on March 2.  I picked him because he has done so many ds.  And I picked GHP because so many of them there are praying people and if I am having someone take out have my innards, I want a higher power behind their hands. LOL

AundreaSmith
on 2/17/12 10:25 pm - Caledonia, MI
DS on 03/12/12
 So exciting!!!  Dr. Kemmeter is my surgeon, too!  I am right behind you with a surgery date of 3/12.  I have my orientation meeting this coming Friday, I am pretty nervous, excited, anxious....you name it!

HW: 404/ SW: 380/  GW: 155

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 681 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views