6 month surgiversary!

Diane Davis
on 2/23/12 10:49 am, edited 2/23/12 10:57 am
On the 17th, I arrived at my 6 month surgiversary 97#'s lighter!  I was aiming for 100#'s, but will take what I can.  I am now under 200#'s, too.

It hasn't been all roses for me since my surgery.  Through this 6 month's, I lost my oldest brother to complications of Lupus, just recently lost my Father, gone through the devastation of helping my daughter and 3y/o granddaughter go through a divorce, 1 ER visit for a wound infection, 2 ER visits for dehydration, and 4 1/2 months of awful 24/7 nausea.  Finally found out that my medication requip that I was taking for restless leg syndrome was having an adverse reaction to my vitamins.  Since I quit taking the requip, my nausea has disappeared.  Miss the requip, my sleep is affected from not taking it, but was affected more so by getting up all hours of the night with nausea and dry heaves!

I really don't have any serious head issues with my weight loss.  I can see that I've lost weight, I've dropped inches and clothes sizes, have saggy/baggy skin, but I've always liked myself even when I was heavier.  I can honestly say that when I walk into a store and see myself in the doors as I'm walking in that I still feel heavy and know I still have a ways to go, and I do like when people I know comment on my weight loss and how good they think I'm looking.  I don't find their comments offensive in the least, I take them as compliments.

I no longer take blood pressure med's and will soon see if my HgA1C has come down.  Just waiting on my lab results.

I am worried about my labs.  While I was so nauseous, I had difficulty taking my vitamins and getting in the appropriate levels of protein.  Praying that being so diligent since I found out the cause, that my body recovered.

Have I had any regrets of having the DS?  Not one second! No matter how ill I felt.  Would I do it all over again?  Yes, in a heartbeat!

Have purchased a new camera.  As soon as I get it programed, will post some before/after pic's.

If there is anything I can do to help anyone, please let me know.  I haven't been on here much since my surgery due to all that I've been going through.  Will try to do better so i can pay it forward.
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
rargirl
on 2/23/12 12:48 pm
You have done awesome, Diane!
You persevered through huge challenges and have successfully lost almost 100 lbs during a highly stressful time.

You should be very proud.

I am impressed.
Diane Davis
on 2/24/12 6:37 am
I think you're pretty awesome yourself!  Miss talking with you.
MajorMom
on 2/23/12 6:14 pm - VA
I'm sorry you had such a rough time early out but happy 6-month surgiversary. Sounds like things are turning around. Have a great journey the rest of the year and from now on.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Diane Davis
on 2/24/12 6:38 am
If it wasn't for  vets like you, Gina, I might have given up!  Thank you for always being there for me.
Nicolle
on 2/23/12 11:35 pm
Diane, congrats! Helluva story! I'm glad you're through the darkness--I hope there are only sunny days ahead for you.

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

Diane Davis
on 2/24/12 6:39 am
Nicolle,

You're such an inspiration and have always been there with help and sound advice.  I greatly appreciate you!
galla1
on 2/24/12 3:25 am
Awesome!! :)

SW 314-- CW 170-- GW 155   HT 5'7"  I love my DS !!
Diane Davis
on 2/24/12 6:39 am
Thank you very much!
sweetdew
on 2/24/12 5:55 am - CA
Congrataulations Diane, you have come such a long way and been through so much! YOu are a light, a joy, and a sucess! I am glad to know you and be a part of this journey together.

Hugs!
shireen
Sweetdew
2005-Revision from Lap-band to RNY, 12/2010 Revision from RNY to DS
HW-305  DS,SW-262  CW-slowly going down  GW-140/160

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 333 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 799 views
Need help for my mom