what is "protein coffee"?

Derek H.
on 2/22/12 11:53 am
Hey Guys..been a while since i've posted here...

I'm neediing some fresh ideas on diet and nutrition...but first...I love coffee and on a few posts here I keep seeing "protein coffee". What is this?

Pipps
on 2/22/12 2:25 pm
 I make a pot of coffee and refridgerate it. Then once it has cooled I use about 1 cup of the coffee, about 1/4 cup of half and half, 2 tbsp of SF caramel syrup (Starbucks), and then add 1.5 - 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder. Mix it all in the blender bottle.

I know some people fill their blender bottle with ice cubes and then pour the hot coffee over those and add the rest. Also some people make a slurry with the protein powder and half & half (or heavy whipping cream) then add hot coffee to it for a hot protein coffee. I like my coffee drinks cold though (:
MajorMom
on 2/22/12 6:24 pm - VA
Here's mine:

Protein Coffee or Chai Tea

1 - 20 oz shaker cup with wire ball
4 to 6 oz of 1/2 & 1/2, water, or Lactaid milk
1 to 1 1/2 scoops of IDS MultiPro Vanilla-Cinnamon protein powder (Champion Nutrition Chocolate, Nectar Chocolate, etc.)
{shake} until blended
Pour into large (huge) mug
Add 9 to 10 oz of hot brewed coffee (decaf or reduced caffeine)
{stir}

Add hot liquid to cold liquid to avoid lumps. Keep the protein slurry below 160 degrees.

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

bdocker
on 2/23/12 7:51 am
I haven't even had the surgery yet and I enjoy these a great deal. I also enjoy mine cold. So I don't add the half and half or cream at this time but mine is:
8oz cold coffee
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I get it at WalMart)
1-2 tsp of SF caramel syrup.

I mix in a blender cup and then enjoy! It's lovely.
Derek H.
on 2/23/12 10:29 am
Thanks guys...okay...so the age old question:

Who makes the best tasting vanilla and chocolate protein powder

MajorMom
on 2/23/12 6:16 pm - VA
IDS MultiPro vanilla-cinnamon and Syntrax Nectar chocolate truffle.

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

J J the Jet Plane
on 2/23/12 10:38 pm
I like champion pure whey protein stack. It has a sweeter taste then most, but I have to order it online from places like allstarhealth.com  you can find it at the vitaminshoppe.com but it is more expensive.

I think luckyvitamin.com also carries it. 

Jay Robb Egg Protein bloats me up like crazy, but others swear by it if they are whey intolerant.  I would order individual packets and see what you can tolerate, and remember what tastes good before surgery does not always taste the same after surgery. The Packets are expensive at first but you will save yourself a big headache with a bunch of protein powder you don't like later on.

Good luck.
JJ
SweetnessandGrace
on 2/24/12 6:12 am - ID
I like Click chocolate mocha. Tastes like a fancy-pants coffee drink. Mix with water, then microwave. Yum!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 358 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 816 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views