Steak Bacon!

JazzyOne9254
on 9/9/12 7:54 pm

I was buying my regular sliced bacon, and in with the "premium" brands of bacon, was something called "steak bacon", I looked at it, and the slices appear to be about 1/4 inch thick. 

I think I saw it at walmart, but  I could be wrong.  Next time, I'll have the presence of mind to take a snapshot and post it!

I beleive the brand was Wright's, the same company that makes the wonderful thick sliced peppered bacon!

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Shavonne P.
on 9/11/12 6:54 pm
I am going to have to check this out!!
Nothing feels better than being able to go into ANY store and fit their clothes!
Valerie G.
on 9/12/12 3:08 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
 I wish I could remember what it's called in the UK, because it's common pub fare.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Onelifetolive
on 9/13/12 2:22 pm - TX
You wrong for showing that piece of bacon.  PORK has always been a friend of mine.
JazzyOne9254
on 9/13/12 8:14 pm
Sorry to tempt you!  I just LOVE having bacon as a health food now!

I'm going to go back and buy some of that extra-thick tomorrow. 

It's got to be out of this world!

I'll report my findings here!

Onelifetolive
on 9/14/12 10:05 am - TX
LMAO sad to say I cam back to see how that bacon was.  LOL a damn shame
MsBatt
on 9/14/12 3:09 pm
On September 14, 2012 at 5:05 PM Pacific Time, Onelifetolive wrote:
LMAO sad to say I cam back to see how that bacon was.  LOL a damn shame
Well, there IS no bad bacon. (*grin*)
JazzyOne9254
on 9/15/12 10:53 am
OK... I got the bacon, it's Wright's Applewood Smoked Steak Cut Bacon... I would say it's double thick cut.  My Walmart carries this.

Here's the verdict:   I usually cook my bacon extra crispy, but that is not advisable with this cut.  Just fried till it was  nice and brown, and made a sandwich using Pepperidge Farm German Dark slathered with real Hellmanns Mayonesa ,made with lime juice instead of lemon. Usually sold in Hispanic food markets (label is in Spanish). McCormick's also makes a version of mayo like this, much more expensive, but can be found at some Walmarts)  I lucked out and found a jar at Big Lots! Totally fat-laden sandwich!  If you really want to do it up, add some medium cheddar cheese.  I use a cheese plane to make my own slices from a brick of cheddar.
Anyhoo...the bacon fat is *much* more succulent.  The lean is kind of chewy, but if you crisp it up more, that will probably be remedied, but you'll lose fat in the process.  I could see this cooking on the BBQ grill!

alttext

adkmtngirl
on 9/15/12 5:42 am - Brant Lake, NY
 I buy something called "Burgers Smoke House Bacon Steak Cuts" at my local grocery store....really really thick (thicker than regular thick cut steak) and has no water added! I cooked up a pound of the steak cut and a pound of regular, weighed it after (cause I'm a dweeb that way) and I had 3 oz more bacon after cooked with the steak cut. :) 
Kristina

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 328 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 786 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 264 views