Weightloss/Calorie Question

preachermomma37
on 9/26/12 10:49 pm - TN
 So my first three months weight fell off effortlessly. It has slowed which was expected. However, a crazy trend has developed. I watch my carbs like a hawk. 5 days under 50 and 2 days no more than 75. The trend has been for the last 3 weeks, that I lose 3-4 pounds in one day and then I play around with those 3-4 pounds for a weeks then lose some more. However,  I usually only lose after a day or two of no****ching anything but protein and having a very limited amount of higher calorie/carb foods, like Sunday I had a small slice of keylime pie and lost 1.5 pounds the next day. I played around with that pound and half and yesterday I ate 3-4 mini reese's cups (which I forgot to put on bites and vites) and I lost .8 of a pound this morning. So I am wondering is my body staying starvation mode until those days when I eat those no, no things and then it realizes its not starving a drops some more. Any suggestions or theories would be appreciated. Of course I still struggle with the fear of failure and "breaking" my DS.
puppysweets1
on 9/27/12 12:02 am - CA
Always wondered about that too.  The refined carbs make me poop a lot - they seem to go thru a lot faster - so I attributed the eat-more-bad-stuff/lose-more-weight to that.  But also noticed that only seems to work  if my diet isgenerally a good DS diet then with a "fun" day of carbs comes the eat more/lose more effect.  If my diet is is always "fun" I gain.  Good question. Will be interested in responses.

RNY to DS  210 lbs gone for 5 years.

Valerie G.
on 9/27/12 2:33 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 It's the nature of the beast.  Whenever I encountered a stall as I was losing, I would give it a few days, then eat a couple of Krispy Kremes and it always kicked my metabolism in the ass to start losing again.  Don't knock it if it works, right?

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 677 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views