How important is it to take vites w food?

Huneypie
on 11/27/12 5:24 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

I currently am taking my vites with food, but when I was being more ambitious and trying to take more batches I sometimes skipped food (I currently do 2x75mg zinc rather than the 3x50mg I was aiming for).  It never made me feel sick and I'm now curious as to whether affects absorption.

TIA

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

PattyL
on 11/27/12 5:56 am

'They', whoever they are, always say better with food.  I don't worry about it.  If it's convenient, I will take them with food.  If not, oh well!  Still better than not taking them at all.

Huneypie
on 11/28/12 12:50 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Thanks Patty - I'm just trying not to veer too far from recommendations.  If I need to have more batches I'll probably start taking some batches without food.  I'll see how I get on with my labs next month and tweak then.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Sunshine16
on 11/27/12 7:44 am

Well, I never think about taking food with my vitamins.....I guess my stomach is made out of iron...lol.

Huneypie
on 11/28/12 12:50 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

LOL, that's good to hear ;-)

I  my DS  

usandall
on 11/27/12 12:27 pm

I am a nibbler so generally I have a little something in my stomach ie beef jerky

Huneypie
on 11/28/12 12:52 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

I nibble plenty too, but if I need to squeeze in a batch very first thing I thought I'd try and find out - and occasionally I won't have food with me, so wanted to check. ;-) 

I  my DS  

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 709 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1018 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 341 views