Drains out today! How long will they ooze?

2Julykids
on 11/28/12 2:34 am - AZ
DS on 11/12/12

I finally got drains out!  Yay!  I hurt more now than I have in the last few days. Doc said to keep gauze on them until they stop leaking. Ideas on how long that will be?  He said everything is looking good and to try to increase protein (but he wasn't as cranky about protein amts as I thought he would) 

Valerie G.
on 11/28/12 11:52 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

A week at most - probably just a few days.  Maxi pads make the best bandages, though!

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Huneypie
on 11/29/12 1:33 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

My gall bladder/appendix hole took a week or 2.  The nurse told the bile passing through meant it'd take longer to heal.  The nurse used an ulcer plaster on that one and changed it a couple of times a week for me.  It was looking pretty awful and then it suddenly decided to heal very nicely.  The other holes healed a lot faster.

That nurse was so great looking after me - such a nice caring person who managed to squeeze in appointments for me when I needed them!! ;-)

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

2Julykids
on 11/29/12 1:45 am - AZ
DS on 11/12/12

I am having some pain from where they were removed. I had been off pain meds for 5 days and had to take one yesterday. Today seems a little better. I just don't understand how they can just yank the tubes out and everything heals up, I guess!  

Huneypie
on 11/29/12 1:50 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Well it's not going to heal with the drains in!! ;-)

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

2Julykids
on 11/29/12 2:24 am - AZ
DS on 11/12/12

Good point! 

bugirll
on 11/29/12 3:46 am - MD
DS on 03/19/12

I had two penrose (pain in the ass) drains in for 5 days because they were putting out a lot.  They leaked for another couple days.  One looked a little angry for a couple days but it went away.

DS with Toon Sonneville 3/19/12
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 737 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1037 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 348 views