VBG to DS

Linda K.
on 5/21/13 12:38 pm - Omaha, NE

I am waiting to have a revision from VBG to DS.  My surgeon (Dr. Anthone in Omaha)is one of the best in the country for the DS surgery and he doesn't see a problem with this revision.  Can anyone else tell me why I am seeing posts that state that their surgeons wouldn't do a revision from the VBG to DS?  My surgeon told me that it can be done but it will be an open surgery and I may have a smaller stomach due to the VBG.  Has anyone here had the revision done to DS and how are you doing with it?

Huneypie
on 5/22/13 2:26 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

It can be very complex taking down the VBG and the mesh can really be mixed into the stomach.  I've heard of people with a VBG stomach looking at getting just DS intestines (ie leaving the stomach alone).

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

airbender
on 5/22/13 8:33 am

anytime you mess with the stomach like rny vbg the revision is a difficult one, there is a member that had vbg and went to dr g. in NJ, she did very well.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 706 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1017 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 341 views