6 month blood draw

nativenewyorker64
on 10/21/13 1:32 pm - UT

Its actually only been 5 months and one week but I have been having a lot of heart palpitations and some light headedness so I called the doc and asked if I could get my blood drawn and they said yes. They drew 10 vials. That is a lot of blood. I'm anxious to get my results and hoping they are good. On a good note I am down 60.5 pounds and feeling quite good overall. I can't believe how time has flown by.

I get to go to Puerto Rico on Thursday and see my cousin's husband who when he last saw me said "you've gained weight, a lot of weight" Not any more! Can't wait to see him.

MajorMom
on 10/21/13 7:00 pm - VA

Wishing you good luck with your blood draw and a great trip.

Things that might be related to the heart palpitations...low potassium, low protein. 10 vials might not be enough depending on how the labs process the blood. My lab take 21 vials but I get a lot of stuff tested. Keep us posted and get a copy of your labs for yourself.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Amy, Daredevil
Extraordinaire

on 10/22/13 4:09 am - Los Angeles, CA
DS on 08/06/13

Hi Gina,

Do you have a quick and dirty list of all the labs you get done? I'm having my first set in a couple of weeks and want to make sure I get everything done that I'm supposed to. 

I have Vitalady's lab tracking form. Is that what you use?

*DS with Dr. Ara Keshishian on 08/06/13* SW: 231 CW: 131 GW: 119 * Check out My YouTube Channel: AmysDSJourney *

MajorMom
on 10/22/13 7:21 am - VA

I can send you my lab script for your doc to take a look at. I'll message you my email address. Yes, I basically use Vitalady's tracking sheet. I made it in Excel but list her targets and my lab's ranges on the right side.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Huneypie
on 10/22/13 1:39 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Congrats on the loss.

BTW remember to stop taking vitamins 24 hours before the blood draw as you might get artificially high results otherwise.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

CSerwalt
on 10/22/13 2:35 am - Philadelphia, PA
DS on 11/28/12

good to know about the 24 hour thing. so if I have my blood drawn by 8:00am I should have had my vites in by 8am the day prior. Is it okay to be off by an hour?

RNY: 08/04/2009 SW: 310 Aug 2009 LW: 199 Jul 2010                       

DS: 11/28/2012 SW 286 Nov 2012 CW: 169 Mar 2014

Huneypie
on 10/22/13 3:05 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

I'd err on the side of not taking them, or just bring forward that batch a little so you get a clear 24 hours.

I stopped taking iron and D for one draw coz that's what they said they were measuring.  I don't think I stopped my zinc and that came back above range, so I dropped my dosage a little (down to 150mg) for a few weeks 'til my next draw and now I'm well below range, and suffering bad skin as a result.

I really hate skipping batches (I'm OCD and I do 9 batches of vites a day), so I understand your reluctance, but I'm kicking myself even worse now as I'm really struggling to get my zinc up.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

starlightlu
on 10/22/13 8:16 pm - Canada

Hi, sooo funny you mention the heart palpataions. I'm 5 months and 2 weeks out (our dates are similar) and I had a bout of heart palpataions last week that lasted 2 days. I had my labs done the week after and everything came out good.  Just weird!

laughstarlight

SW 260 SW 257 CW 139 GW 130  

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 333 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 799 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views