Flagyl

nativenewyorker64
on 12/27/13 12:38 am - UT

How do you know when you need a round of flagyl? My gas and poo problem is getting worse. I take gas ex almost everyday. I eat very few if almost no carbs because I cannot tolerate them at all. My poo smell is way worse than normal. Sorry if this is TMI, but I need some help. I am at 142, 143 and holding for quite a while. I really want to hit the 130's. Do you think I will continue to lose? Is it slowing down because I'm a lightweight and don't have much to lose? Thanks in advance for all the help!

Huneypie
on 12/27/13 12:47 am, edited 12/27/13 1:04 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

You've lost a phenomenal amount of weight in a short space of time, so your body's probably just having a break.  You don't list your surgery date, but I know it's not been that long.  Hard to say if your body's found its happy place - either way, well done.

I've not needed flagyl yet, I'd go the probiotics route first if you can.  Primal Defense Ultra is a reasonable price in the US.

BTW do have a think re your diet just in case it is.  Are you chewing gum?  The sweetener in that is EVIL.  It took me a while to figure out that gum was causing me issues as I never considered it food.

*Edited coz I can't spell.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

nativenewyorker64
on 12/27/13 1:02 am - UT

Thanks, I know I have done well, but I always live in fear that this will be short lived like every other diet/surgery I have had. My surgery date was May 14th. I don't chew gum, but when I have it hasn't affected me. Its true carbs of any kind. Rice, potato, bread is the devil and it is tiny portions. ANY at all.

ladybug513
on 12/27/13 2:43 am - NY

I have ample fat, however, if that is all I eat is mostly fat with some protein I'll have major poo issues -- the smell is deadly.  I love macademia nuts however since they are pure fat, I even want to run out of my own bathroom...the smell is THAT bad!  So, perhaps examine the amounts of pure fat alone that you're eating?  I have barely any issues if I eat the fat with something else.

First goal 120.0: 12/7/13  Final goal 115.0 (114.6):  2/6/14  

5'3  SW: 199 (12/11/11)  Current: 114.8 pounds  18% body fat   BMI: 20.3           

MajorMom
on 12/27/13 6:39 am - VA

Some surgeons will prescribe Flagyl readily and some will make you jump through all sorts of hoops. I order mine from a vet supply place and just let my surgeon know what I was doing so he could put it in my chart.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Valerie G.
on 12/29/13 9:12 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Are you taking probiotics?  If not, then start - and buck up with some yogurt to get some started in your body.  Kefir gives me a good one-two punch.  Try this before the flagyl round.  It may be all you need.  My doc wouldn't even consider giving it to me unless I had an actual bacterial infection, so I went to the aquarium supply route and bought Fish Zole tabs (same as flagyl).

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

girl81
on 1/6/23 9:09 am

How soon does flagyl start working on bloat and constipation?

White Dove
on 1/7/23 10:08 am - Warren, OH

Flagyl can cause constipation, bloating and gas. Ask the doctor who prescribed it what to expect in your case.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 352 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 810 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 270 views