7.5 years out.

lauried
on 12/30/13 2:42 am, edited 12/30/13 3:05 am - Barrie, Canada

It’s been 7.5 years since my DS surgery.  I started at 280 and easily dropped to 132 pounds at my lowest.  I didn’t stay there for long.  Once I started to break the rules…most specifically to not stretch my stomach back out by over eating, I have now ballooned up to 180 pounds or so. 

Why was it so easy to drop the weight?  I just had a small stomach and though I cannot eat the way I did at 280lbs , it’s pretty close.  The problem is that I have learned to eat all day long and that came from when I was losing I could not eat a lot at one time and I learn to graze all day.  Now I graze all day but I can eat a lot more, thus the weight gain.

So what next Einstein?  I will be doing Atkins for 30 days in January to reset my system and get myself back on track.  I said to myself 2 years ago I would never be fat again and I could always eat what I wanted but the DS has its limitations, and I have pushed them…  Time to pull up my big girl panties and do right by me. 

See you in 30 days and hopefully there will be less of me!

Laurie D
Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll be among the stars.

Huneypie
on 12/30/13 2:47 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
All the best and well done for recognizing the issue which is often half the battle.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

MajorMom
on 12/30/13 5:26 am - VA

You can do it!   : )

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

NoreenRT
on 12/30/13 9:02 am - Warner Robins, GA

100 # loss is nothing to sneeze at, but if you're not comfortable at this weight good for you with pushing forward towards a goal. Can't wait to read about your progress  the end of January . 

Thanks for posting and reminding us, our DS is a tool, not an unlimited free pass.

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

Dutchy
on 1/12/14 3:58 am - stittsville, Canada

Hey Laurie,

Remember me? i had the DS in April same year, i have  had huge regain actually i have gained 100 of the 120 i lost, never got to goal, it is a real battle, i often think of the others who had Dr l around the same time as well did, for the most part the ones i know do very well, all are at goal maybe a few have had the 20 pound bounce back.

I am not the norm, then again i never felt the surgery malabsorption worked for me .. i still stand by that to this day.

I never thought i would end up back where i started,it is very hard to wrap my head around it, still i have wonderful restriction so i know that part worked.

I know how i gained my weight back, constant night snacking, sure is and probably will always be my downfall, i am trying hard to over come it but somethings after surgery i have not been able to get over, sleep insomnia, never had a problem now i need meds to sleep and the whole mental trauma of this surgery, i wish back then we had mandatory councelling like they do now, sure would of made a difference/

Great to see your post, take care

kerry

heidig71
on 1/15/14 6:21 pm - IN

good for you for getting back on track.. i am a little over 5 years out and i too got used to being able to eat whatever i wanted all day long and regained about 35#. three months ago i got back on track and have lost about 20#. we still have the tool, we just have to use it.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 333 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 799 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views