4 years!

shannn
on 7/6/14 5:35 am - Knoxville , TN

Today is my four year surgiversary. The past four years have been the most transformative ones of my life.
I've lost 175 pounds, yes; but I've lost and gained so much more.
I lost high blood pressure.
I lost diabetes.
I lost high cholesterol.
I lost my timidity.
I lost willingness to accept unhappiness and the status quo.
I lost my belief that I will die early.
I lost seat belt extenders, Lane Bryant, and shapeless clothes.
I gained self-esteem.
I gained hanging skin that makes me uncomfortable with my nakedness.
I gained health.
I gained the confidence to be fully present in my life.

I quit my job last year, not willing to be unhappy anymore. I've lost a lot of people of the years, my parents, my uncle; and I won't take chances in wasting whatever time I have. Life's too short.

My life is not perfect, and I am not perfect. I fall and then I restart-- too many carbs, miss some of my pills, don't drink enough. I start my day off with protein coffee and then I eat whatever I feel like eating, still usually small portions. I always focus on protein with my meals, but I have some of everything. I can't eat raw food at all anymore, no raw veggies or salad. I can eat a few bites of bread if it's covered with butter or half a sandwich with lots of fat and protein. I eat dessert but I usually can't fini**** (and the days that I do choose to have it I'm usually in the bathroom 3-4 times that night). I know bounceback happens and I'm vigilant in watching but so far I haven't had any so I just keep on going as I am. I weigh and record each month. If I start to regain, I'll reassess how I eat.

Weight:
Before 297
Year 1 146
Year 2 126
Year 3 131
Year 4 124

Before:

After:

~shannon
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." ~E. Roosevelt

(Ticker includes 11 pounds lost in pre-op diet.) 

mylittleblackdress
on 7/6/14 6:20 am - FL

Congratulations, Shann! You look terrific!

Tomorrow will be 4 years for me too.  My only regret, not doing it sooner.  Love my DS!

Wishing you continued success!

Lisa (Mylittleblackdress)

Huneypie
on 7/6/14 7:47 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Wow Shann you make it look easy.  124 @ 4 years out takes some work so well done!! ;-)

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Keeshaja
on 7/6/14 9:05 am
DS on 10/21/14

Congrats you look amazing!

I'm Still Loving, Still Praying and Still Dreaming....

beargriff
on 7/6/14 11:12 am

wow  what a great success story .ope I can say the same things after 4 years

Nancy T.
on 7/6/14 10:12 pm
DS on 07/16/13

You look fantastic!  Congrats on your success!

ataglimpse
on 7/6/14 11:36 pm
VSG on 04/09/14

Congratulations Shannn!  You are a beautiful women!  What an accomplishment....keep up the good work.

Irishnurse
on 7/8/14 12:10 pm
DS on 04/17/13

Congrats and a great read!

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

tdallison
on 7/8/14 12:15 pm - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

Congratulations. You look awesome. Thank you for sharing !!

Toni Dallison

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 352 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 806 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 270 views