Getting just a little scared

annarohr
on 7/21/14 5:49 pm

Well, can't sleep, UGH I hate late night worries. Does anyone else do that?  Feel fantastic all day, but then at night, get worried about everything, then in the morning it seems okay?  I do this with everything!  So, of course, here I am at 2 am second guessing my surgery date with Dr Ungson on Aug. 21.  Worried about traveling out of the US, worried about complications, worried about work and what to say to my team and boss, worried about recovery time..  Worried that I will be that dumb butt that crashes their labs post op, worried that I won't lose any weight anyways...  OH BROTHER!

Huneypie
on 7/22/14 3:04 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

That's normal to be worried - I was the same, but I had a text book recovery.

Dr Ungson has a great reputation so you're definitely stacking the odds in your favor for a good outcome.  I even swung a critter for you so I'm sure you'll do great !! ;-)

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

annarohr
on 7/22/14 5:47 am

hahahah, thanks!  Yes, sometimes, my head runs past reason and common sense.  Dr. Ungson has a very low complication rate so I know it will be good.  Here's hoping for a text book recovery!

larra
on 7/23/14 5:07 am - bay area, CA

Sounds pretty normal to me!

You have a good surgeon and good reasons for doing what you are doing. You've made good decisions. And you know what you will need to do post-op to stay healthy. You will do great with your DS.

Larra

PeteA
on 7/23/14 5:54 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Congratulations that it only happens at 2am.  Everybody has those moments but look around and you will see plenty
of people that do really well after the DS. It gives us a new life. or maybe a chance to better our current one. Try and focus
on that when you get into those early hour sessions. You'll do great - just the fact that your here and willing to share gives 
you a big boost on doing things right.

FCSWheeler
on 7/23/14 2:54 pm

I am leaving for Mexicali on Sunday.  Surgery is the next day.  I am like you and am scared to death as I am going alone.  Dr. Ungson will be doing mine as well.  I know we will get passed all our fears, but it is going to take awhile.  After I make it past the surgery, I will be wondering about a 1000 more things.  Post-op recovery,  my children, life in general.  Lol

rargirl
on 7/25/14 1:50 am

Well- this is a lot of worries. I am ALS a worrier so I can empathize. 

You will definitely lose weight whether you try or not so you may dismiss that worry. 

Take your vitamins. That way you don't have to worry about crashing your labs. Why not start today to get in the habit?

rargirl
on 7/25/14 2:09 am

I did not travel outside of the country for my surgery, but I did accompany a friend to Northern California for his. One thing we did to reduce our travel worries was arrive a day early and relaxed a little before the big day. The second thing that helped was having our reservations and schedule all nicely organized in a travel folder. In the end, my friend decided he would be more comfortable riding in a car than flying on a plane 3 days post op so we exercised flexibility and ended up renting a car. 

Regarding your team. I did not tell my team or anyone at work. It I should have. In the end they all figure it out and I don't think any of them hold it against me. They have all seen me lose and gain and lose so much over the last 10 years my permanent weight loss with ds has caused many of them to reconsider weight loss surgery as a solution. Many have told me they are inspired by my perseverance and success. 

Be prepared to start inspiring. 

robinreinhardt
on 7/25/14 2:32 am

Oh bless your heart. No worries it sounds like you have thought a lot about this before doing it. Seems like from this site all of the people that have done the WLS surgery have not regretted it. Hang in there and just have faith that all will work out. Keep us posted.

Robin

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 326 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 785 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 262 views