Week 2 on soft foods, what did y'all eat?

Honeyshell
on 8/2/14 8:44 am

Happy Saturday y'all. Well dr said ok for soft foods. I have had cottage cheese, that was his suggestion. It went down fine, no problems. I am a savory craver, not sweet. Any suggestion on what y'all DS's have had would be so appreciated. Thanks!

Huneypie
on 8/2/14 5:44 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Fish, including shrimp and fish sticks, scrambled eggs, quiche without the crust, cheese triangles, Greek yogurt... I've not had cottage cheese for ages and I think it's time to get some. ;-)

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

MajorMom
on 8/2/14 7:58 pm - VA

Soupy chili, refried cheesy beans, shrimp ****tail and Babybel cheese. 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

SHFT_2
on 8/3/14 12:15 am - Grand Rapids, MI

Someone told me about the world according to egg face website when I was at this stage and I still refer to it. Here's the link to the pureed food section.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html

DS completed on 7/29/13

HW 379 SW 354  CW 190

Down 189 pounds

Valerie G.
on 8/3/14 1:45 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Ricotta cheese mixed with egg then topped with spaghetti sauce, mozzerella and bake. That should satisfy your need for savory.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Honeyshell
on 8/3/14 2:42 pm

Thank you all so much.

Uriahblues
on 8/4/14 1:20 am

I am hoping to have the DS in about six weeks. I just had my initial meeting with my surgeon this past Friday. Now I have to get ready for meeting with a heart doctor, lung doctor, nutritionist, sleep study, labs, and the kitchen sink. How long after surgery were you on liquids only before they told you that you could eat soft foods? What did you do for liquids? Is it pretty much sipping on protein shakes all day every day?

Honeyshell
on 8/4/14 2:22 am

Hi, I was on complete liquids 2 days before surgery, up until day 13. Went to my post op, he said start slow with cottage cheese, did that, went ok. It was the small cut low fat. Then he said try scrambled eggs, did that went ok. Yesterday trying to be adventurous , tried KFC mashed potatoes...Did NOT work, threw those up right away. So back to the drawing board. I have bought some soups, but haven't tried them yet. 

When i came home from the hospital, they had me on the isopure protein-yuck! So I switched to the premier protein, I love it. I sip that and water all day to make sure I get in all my liquids. I hope some of this hels. Good luck, and keep us posted. If I can help with anything please ask, I am very new too, but I think it's a lot of trail and error. 

Honey

Uriahblues
on 8/10/14 11:52 am

Hey Honey,

I hope that this finds you doing well and having had a good weekend. When did you have your surgery? I am a truck driver and was wondering what obstacles or difficulties you could envision me having to learn how to cope with, or deal with, once I have the surgery and get back to work? Also so you think, based on your own experience that I would be able to get in and out of a truck with no problem two weeks after surgery. I am trying to find out as much as I can so that I can have a better idea of what to tell my employer to expect as far as the length of time that I will be out after surgery. After you went from liquids to soft foods, how long were you on soft foods before your stomach was able to handle more solid foods? I just found out this evening that all of my appointments with cardiologist, psychologist, pulmonologist, etc will be September 17 through the 22nd. I hope that I might be able to have surgery around the first of October. I am working with my primary care provider to adjust my blood pressure medicine and try to get my blood pressure under control. It has been up lately. Please remember me in prayer. I look forward to hearing from you.

PeteA
on 8/5/14 2:49 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I was on liquids about a week and a half post-op. I found I tolerated warm liquids the best and did a lot of chicken and beef broth from cubes.
Gatorade. Strained cream soup. I tried a pre-mix protein shake - it seemed to thick early out but everyone is different on that.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 328 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 786 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 264 views