Will I ever be able to drink from a straw again???

Honeyshell
on 9/4/14 4:29 am

Hey y'all, so I am 6 1/2 weeks out. I was wondering do we always have to stay away from straws? I hate drinking from a glass...just wondering. Thanks, and happy Thursday !!!

hollykim
on 9/4/14 5:09 am, edited 9/4/14 5:09 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I have used a strAwalmost since the beginning. I don't think I have gotten any more air using it thAn not using it. Gl

Chris Mitchell
on 9/4/14 6:47 am

I avoided straws at first but I started using them about 3 or 4 months after with no problem.

Chris M. - Highest Weight = 397 lbs, Start of Program = 386 lbs, Day of Surgery = 360 lbs

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vinnero0

PeteA
on 9/4/14 7:08 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I can't remember the rationale here but I think it is a carryover from RnY. A lot of people use straws.

Maybe early on just go slow to not take in to much air. ??

Have a good day. :)

Pete

larra
on 9/4/14 9:24 am - bay area, CA

Yet another carry over from gastric bypass. Give it time, but eventually you will be able to use a straw just fine, though personally I prefer to drink from a glass or water bottle. But that's just me.

Larra

Valerie G.
on 9/5/14 7:23 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Somebody gave you RNY instructions. - Now go get yourself a straw.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Honeyshell
on 9/5/14 12:37 pm

Thank you all so much for the great advice and information. Y'all are AWESOME!!!! Have a great weekend.

Huneypie
on 9/5/14 6:45 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

I was given a straw to sip through while in hospital, ie as soon as I was allowed to drink post op.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 332 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 792 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 265 views