Best tasting choc and vanilla protein

Derek H.
on 9/9/14 10:24 am

I'll bet this asked quit often but, what is the census here on the best tasting protein powder that 1: won't break the bank 2: tastes good in water and 3: dissolves well in water for easy on the go shacks ( no need for blender)?

sanscarpaci
on 9/9/14 11:49 am - souderton, PA
DS on 11/23/12

I have used Syntrax Nectar: Lemon Tea for almost 2 years now.  I dissolve in water and use in a blender bottle (has a wire ball that helps to dissolve/mix the powder).  It isn't the cheapest but it is the most convenient and tasty for me.  Good luck!

228/123/120
preop/current/goal

Revision surgery from lapband to DS on 23-Nov-2012

katinhouston
on 9/9/14 1:29 pm, edited 9/9/14 1:29 pm - Houston, TX

Any if the Syntrax proteins work for me. The Syntrx Matrix choc and vanilla mix very easily and they do not get thick-which I hate. It's like drinking vanilla or chocolate milk.  Also the strawberry is yum too-strawberry milk.

PeteA
on 9/9/14 11:45 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I like Optimum Nutrition 100% whey. Dissolves well with water in a blender bottle.

Usually $55-60 on amazon for 5lbs.

Pete

Derek H.
on 9/10/14 11:15 am

Thanks guys!!!

Brandy G.
on 9/10/14 7:54 pm
DS on 08/20/14

According to bodybuilding.com BSN Syntha-6 Isolate is the best chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.    All these flavors do have different brands that make up rest of the top ten lists. 

The best thing I ever did for myself was to order a bunch of samples from vitalady.com.  I found I liked the lighter nectar's in the hot weather but not as much when it is cool.  As far as the rest of the samples, I found they were all pretty much the same, or at least not different enough to make a huge difference if I stayed with the quality stuff.  Vitalady doesn't sell it, but I found I like beef isolate protein better than whey, especially in hot drinks.  My all time favorite is Raging Bull Cappuccino flavored by Muscle Meds.  It has added caffeine and was great in my morning coffee.  Bummer that I am in the post surgery caffeine black out right now.  I miss it.       

I thought I would be clever and buy unflavored protein and then I bought flavors or would add fruit or cocoa.  Not surprisingly, it isn't as good as when the pros spend time developing their premium products.  Ah, well.  I will get through it all eventually.

Good luck.

August 2014 - DS @ Mexicali Bariatric Center / Ungson.
It took me one and a half years to lose 165 pounds.
Weight: High=314, Goal=155, Current=131

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 361 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 820 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views