Surgery Date

Lisenros
on 9/10/14 5:15 am

I'm so excited! I got my surgery date, November 5th! All I need to do now is get my psychological report. I hope I have enough time to get that completed so I can KEEP my surgery date. I'm going to visit a new psychologist tomorrow. I have about six weeks until it needs to be submitted.

Huneypie
on 9/10/14 5:33 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

All the best!! 

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

MajorMom
on 9/10/14 7:06 am - VA

Yay!  Good luck!

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Lisenros
on 9/10/14 8:04 am

Well, I got a call an hour ago saying that the psychologist I made the appointment with, doesn't do bariatric assessments. So back to the drawing board. I'm having an issue finding an in network psychologist that does the assessment. I found a clinic that is out of network that can complete the assessment on schedule with my surgery and have asked my insurance company to make an exception, but they said they would check themselves for a psychologist that is in network that does the testing instead. I don't mind as long as they can get it done in the short time frame.

miranda12503
on 9/10/14 10:13 am

Congrats!!! I remember when I got my date... I was so excited!! Mine was nov 12th last year... And I am already at goal! Soon you will be too! Whoot whoot!!! 

DS Surgery Nov 12th, 2013

SW 250       BMI 41.6

CW 127 BMI 21

123 pounds loss in 1 year 7 months! 

Went from a size 22 to a size 4/6!

Lisenros
on 9/12/14 3:52 am

Thank you for your support! I have found a psychologist in network that will be able to get their report done in time and keep the schedule the same. I'll be very happy when the insurance has approved me. That will be a lot of hurdles done finally.

bigmikebigfoothunter
on 9/13/14 9:40 am
DS on 03/10/14

Hello! I was just letting you know I had a hard time finding  an in network as well. I decided to pay out of pocket and report was turned in in 3 days. Don't let this hurdle keep you from your date, and trust me, I was broke but figured a way to pay out of pocket anyway because every one I found in network just made excuses on why they didnt do the bariatric report. This was probably my only real obstacle pre- surgery and I have really good insurance. I was told that these docs do these reports and then have to wait a long period of time to receive payment because of the ties to bariatrics. I live in Texas, just did a google search and found a self pay that handled it immediately. If they hold you up too long, you may be better off paying for it, Im glad I did- MIke

Merritt343
on 9/16/14 1:16 pm

ok now I am nervous my date was set too for 11/18 and I am still early in the game but noone has mentioned a psychological assessment yet. That may change things for me. I am a little looney. I go for my first nutrition class on Thursday.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 318 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 780 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 259 views