Hair loss longterm

Will_T
on 9/23/14 9:00 am

I'd like to hear from some of the long term DSers and their experience with hair loss. I am  following a strict regimen to prevent hairloss and know some is inevitable short term but how are you doing long term?  Did it grow back as it was before surgery?  thinner? 

Dr Gilberto Ungson Lap Band to Ds

PattyL
on 9/23/14 9:23 am

I had crappy hair b4 the DS and still have crappy hair today.  But I didn't lose any!  My sister was almost bald postop.  Your body will do what it does!

NoreenRT
on 9/23/14 10:04 am - Warner Robins, GA

I'm over 4 yrs out. The hair loss for me was pretty significant. The shower drain would be so clogged the water was above my ankles by the time my shower/shampoo was over. Yes, it did grow back. Listening to others here, and to my stylist, regular cuttings was key.  

I still have more weekly hair loss than I like, but menopause and family history, I believe, are responsible at this point.  You can't see my scalp anymore, but the thickness, and quantity is gone.

My daily protein intake is approx. 140 - 160g.

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

jashley
on 9/23/14 11:13 am
DS on 12/19/12

My hair fell out by the handfull.  I took a lot of Biotin also, which did nothing for this issue.  I think I lost half of my hair.  It took about a year for it to grow back in.  I started to see fuzzy stuff at 9 months, and that was the first sign it was starting to come back.

Now it is the same thickness as before the surgery.  I'm 2 yrs out.

Will_T
on 9/23/14 11:21 am

Thanks All, this is reassuring. 

Dr Gilberto Ungson Lap Band to Ds

Valerie G.
on 9/24/14 12:28 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I lost a little during the telogen effluvium phase and nobody noticed but me and the shower drain.

I have a full head of hair today (almost 9 yrs later) and now it has a little wave in the back.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

jashley
on 9/24/14 1:45 pm
DS on 12/19/12

How funny.  So does mine.

Huneypie
on 9/24/14 1:54 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

No hair loss here.  I still get my hair thinned when I go to the hairdresser's.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

alicefive
on 10/2/14 4:35 am

I have lost so much hair that I have had to order a topper. I have lost 2/3 of my hair.  My hair was super thick before. My surgery was at the end of January.  I have almost no hair left on the top of my head.  Please tell me it comes back!  My hair stylist said if i hadn't started with thick hair I would be completely bald by now. I Never missed any protein and always took my supplements.  But would I do it over again knowing this?  YES, YES, YES!

(deactivated member)
on 10/2/14 5:38 am - RIVERDALE, NJ

i hope i dont go bald

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 975 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1168 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 432 views