Finally going to do it

patngin
on 3/4/17 6:53 pm - Nine Mile Falls, WA

Some of you may remember me since I am probably the most severe problem case of the BPD-DS around. I am at 134 now. Can't gain but very slowly keep losing more. The doctor I spoke of before is going to do a revision. He said it is not a really difficult procedure but it entails connecting the intestine that carries the enzymes way further up the channel so that the food and nutrition have a better chance of absorbing. I have been putting this off too long. He is such a caring doc he even offered us his home to stay at since we have to go from WA state to S Dak where he moved and is his home state. The only doc in this state won't even talk to me because I am on Medicare. The one I'm going to doesn't care. He said Medicare doesn't pay anything anyway he just wants to help me. He knows how bad it is because I met him when I was suffering from Malnutrition and pulled me out of a 3 week coma. I ended up losing my legs but still alive and managed gaining 40 pounds back. He was in Bariatrics here then and is now the head of bariatrics in Rapid City. I trust him a lot, he is also the surgeon that amputated my legs. Planning on doing it in April and am now on a supplement called Metagenics which he helped make and pulled me out last time. He said I will be in hospital 3-4 days and he wants me to stay a week if I heal fast if not 2 weeks. I sort of understand how it works by introducing the digestive juice further up the channel leaving more intestine to absorb. I had an Iron infusion last month but am still run down but feeling a little better. It's about a 1700 mile RT for us. I have been in contact with him since 2007 when he was in bariatrics here and then after he moved back to his home state of S Dak also. He has been telling me I needed this for years and I'm finally going to do it. Just thought I would update. I don't blame the surgery for my condition but I do blame the surgeon who never told us of the complications that could arrise or the supplements we needed to take to keep us healthy. Dr. Adrian Heap. Have heard other horror stories of his own experimental non approved method that he did to some people after he did ours.

My wife has actually gained weight but I think it is from the Prednisone she has to be on for RA and she had to have an iron and reclast infusion because she now has osteoporosis. All also negative aspects of this surgery when done by a quack.

So I am hoping for the best. Hope you all forgive me for talking down this surgery which a doctor who was really concerned would never have used when you are only 95 lbs overweight. Thanks again

PatnGin

patngin
on 3/4/17 7:12 pm - Nine Mile Falls, WA

Thought you would like to see me now.

patngin
on 3/4/17 7:17 pm - Nine Mile Falls, WA

Sorry it didn't work. I put it in an album but no go

patngin
on 3/4/17 7:20 pm - Nine Mile Falls, WA

It's in photo gallery as patngins

patngin
on 3/4/17 7:22 pm - Nine Mile Falls, WA

Valerie G.
on 3/5/17 6:48 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Yeah, Dr. Heap (aka Frankenheap) has quite the reputation from the old-timers out here. How wonderful that you have a surgeon extending such generosity in his skills and opening his home to you. Please keep us posted.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

PattyL
on 3/5/17 8:53 am

Best of luck! Fingers crossed for you!

larra
on 3/5/17 9:21 am - bay area, CA

I hope this will make a big positive difference in your life. You deserve for something to go right for a change.

Larra

patngin
on 3/5/17 2:08 pm - Nine Mile Falls, WA

Thank You all. I'm sure this is going to be the answer. The only hurdle I have to jump is getting the OK from my cardiologist. I had to have my aortic valve replaced and he said that the structure of my heart was the most calcified he had seen in his 20 years of heart surgery. So needless to say the valve didn't seat properly and I have a paravalvular leak in the new valve which is almost 5 years old. It is still working and my ejection fraction is good my BP is low on the low side like 45-50 but I think it will be strong enough for a 1 hour gastric surgery.

patngin
on 3/5/17 2:10 pm - Nine Mile Falls, WA

I don't know if the calcification of my heart was a by product of this surgery or not. But it is a rare condition.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 430 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 876 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 2 replies · 290 views