New to this site: Intro

KimsyWhimsy
on 4/5/18 6:40 am
DS on 10/25/17

Hi, everyone, I'm Kimberly! I had the Duodenal Switch surgery on 10/25/2017, with Dr. Ayoola out of Denton, Tx. The actual surgery took place at the Baylor medical Center, in Trophy Club, Tx.

My weight the day of surgery was 434 lbs.

My current weight is 322lbs.

I don't quite know what my goal weight is but that's ok. I have other activity based goals for along the way.

I'm excited to be a part of this group and hope to get to know you all, give and get support and be a part of this community.

PattyL
on 4/5/18 3:50 pm

Welcome. Sounds like you are doing well!

Janet P.
on 4/6/18 2:28 pm

Welcome and congrats on the great weight loss.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

PeteA
on 4/7/18 3:37 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Hi there,

Glad to have you. While most of us can't quite get away from some number based goal
I think your activity based goals are the best way to achieve success.

Pete

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

mjctexas2015
on 4/21/18 2:08 pm

great news! how much did your surgery cost? have you had any complications?

KimsyWhimsy
on 4/22/18 9:10 pm
DS on 10/25/17

My insurance helped with a large portion of the surgery, but my out-of-pocket cost ended up being around $4,000 at the time of surgery. Keep in mind my out-of-pocket maximum was $6,000 and since my surgery was at the end of October, I had already met part of that.

As for complications, I have not had any. There was initial discomfort from having surgery, but after the healing time, it has gone. I'm now able to work out, go kayaking and generally do things I haven't been able to before.

mjctexas2015
on 5/3/18 2:32 pm

thank you for the reply. did you have to have an endoscopy done before the surgery? how long were you in the hospital. i am considering going to dr. A... i live in houston area, but i've heard and read good things about him.

KimsyWhimsy
on 5/14/18 10:14 am
DS on 10/25/17

Sorry for the delay in responding. Yes, I did have an EGD before surgery. For Duodenal Switch patients, Dr. Ayoola has you stay for two nights. I would highly recommend Dr. A. He has been absolutely amazing and truly cares about his patients.

mjctexas2015
on 5/14/18 9:34 pm

do you know how long your CC is? does he use the Hess DS method?

islandgirl55
on 4/23/18 6:00 pm

Hi, Dr. A did my DS 2 yrs ago in Denton. I have reached my goal but I am still playing with how to eat in a routine type of way. Some people are very structured and some are free flowing, i'm somewhere in between. I insure my protein and fat input every day but i'm still Playing with frequency, amount and type of food. Everyday is a learning opportunity

good luck, take care of yourself and love yourself every step of the way

RNY revision to Lap DS  Feb, 2016, Dr. Ayoola. 

HW 235/SW 184/CW 127

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 301 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 771 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 256 views