Constipation

Wopsrfun
on 7/5/20 11:47 am

I had my duodenal switch In 2012 and have had diarrhea but all of a sudden the last few days I'm constipated. Are usually go to the bathroom for five times a day and now I'm lucky if I have one bowel movement. Is that normal? any help you can give me would be most appreciated.

Thank you, Esther

White Dove
on 7/5/20 12:44 pm - Warren, OH

Call your doctor or go to the emergency room if you have cramps too. You might have a blockage. They can find out with xray or scan.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Wopsrfun
on 7/6/20 12:45 pm

Thank you, I finally got diarrhea again. My body is doing some weird things.

hugs, Esther

Janet P.
on 7/6/20 3:42 am

It is not normal unless you've change your eating habits or taking something that can cause constipation (for example pain medication). Call your doctor first thing this morning.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Wopsrfun
on 7/6/20 12:48 pm

Thank you for your reply, I took a laxative and I'm fine now. Today I'm back to my normal diarrhea. I don't know if that's normal but it's better then being constipated. My body is reacting oddly.

hugs, Esther

sweetpotato1959
on 7/6/20 12:30 pm

NO! THAT is NOt normal!. Go see a Doctor ASAP. concerned Like White Dove with possible intestinal blockage... possibly following a gastritis episode. because normal go is so ofen for you - you could not have caught your warning signs..

You need to be checked medically.. a twist is not fun and a bowel obstruction can be fatal if is not addressed promptly.

Denise
Wopsrfun
on 7/6/20 12:50 pm

Thank you, I took a laxative and I'm back to my usual routine. I haven't felt well the last couple of days but I'm back feeling good again. I am going to see my doctor to get it all checked out.

Hugs, Esther

sweetpotato1959
on 7/6/20 1:44 pm

Esther, you could have a stricture... an area where connections were made that have scar tissue.- building up..... that could give your symptoms... a laxative would thin all passing thru to allow passage... my dear uncle died from a bowel obstruction that was "missed" on 5 drs exams. do not let any sudden change go undiagnosed...- checked out thoroughly. after these wls surgeries we do not have extra intestines to spare... if you have a narrow passage it is vital to keep plenty fluidsin the gut to assist in thinning of effluent. i am no longer a nurse.don't play one on tv, i did have wls in 96

Denise
Wopsrfun
on 7/6/20 1:53 pm

Thanks Denise, I will get it checked. I appreciate your advise.

hugs, Esther

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 730 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1031 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 345 views