How soon can I start exercising after VSG?

kalimamasmom
on 5/6/11 11:11 am
Hello everyone!
When I am supposed to start exercising?   I am 11 days out, but am also having some racing heart issues due to low iron and my electrolytes are off a bit.  I know walking everyday, but what else and how soon?
Thanks in advance for your input!
Jen

mcarthur01
on 5/6/11 11:28 am - Cumming, GA
i walked every day for 6 weeks and then my surgeon cleared me for all exercise.  at this point walking is what you should be doing and consulting with your doc.  after you are cleared, you can start doing other things, what those other things are will really depend on what your goals are and what you enjoy doing.  best of luck and post here often, lots of inspiration and motivation to be found here.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Kim S.
on 5/8/11 11:26 pm - Helena, AL
Before starting anything new ask your doctor.  It depends on what your fitness level was before surgery and your overall health.  Walking is great exercise to begin.

Please come visit us here often!  We have folks at all fitness levels (from beginner to psycho...you know who you are!!). 

Congrats on your surgery and a big high five to you for incorporating exercise early!!  It really is the key to long term good health and weight control!!

Kim

Most Active