the mind is willing..but the body says "shut up" lol

javier rosario
on 5/18/11 12:53 am - NJ
  taking a day off   and though I feel like working out today, im just too sore and exhausted from the last few days... and all this rain in north jersey just makes one want to stay in bed anyway..  resume tomorrow..  or maybe ill just take a canoe to work and get in an extra workout like that!
Kim S.
on 5/18/11 1:03 am - Helena, AL

It is wise to give a sore body a rest....and if you MUST exercise.....a nice yoga workout is good when you are sore.  You know--kill it or cure it??!!

Stay dry--where in North Jersey are you??  I have friends in the Ewing/Princeton area.  Such a pretty part of the state....so many people dis NJ....but it really is a lovely state.

superconducting
on 5/18/11 1:10 am - Montgomery, NY
 I hear ya.. I went from the extreme heat of florida to this garbage in the north east.  In that spirit, gonna go for a swim :)

Paul C.
on 5/18/11 1:16 am - Cumming, GA
As much as it may suck sometimes you have to let the body win these arguements.  Believe me I hate it, and daily test my shoulder to see if I can even change shirts without help in hopes of being able to get in a workout.
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
redenallen
on 5/18/11 1:43 am
After I popped my hip last week and strained my shoulder this week I have had more off days than usual.  My husband says I'm like an addict w/the gym and need to chill, but he just doesn't understand just how sane the exercise keeps me.  Let me take a few more days off and he'll be begging me to go back... lol

javier rosario
on 5/18/11 1:55 am - NJ
I'm in the Totowa/west Paterson area in new jersey  ....yeah my wife didn't understand my obsession with kicking and punching all the time..  or why I would walk around the house bowlegged like a toddler the next day.. soo i signed her up for muay thai class so she can work out with me.... now she understands  lol
Most Active