Running 100 Miles On Saturday!

DANCBJAMMIN
on 10/16/11 12:25 pm, edited 10/16/11 12:28 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Good Evening Y'all,<br />
<br />
As many of you know, I will be making my 2nd attempt at the 100 Mile Endurance Challenge in So Cal this coming weekend. (last year I got 75 miles in 19 hours). This year I will be running the whole 100 in about 24 hours hopefully. I wanted to explain the purpose of this run to you guys...<br />
<br />
The benefiting charity of this event is The 100 Mile Club. This is an incredible program. Simplistic and worth-while. The 100 Mile Club simply challenges our children to walk or run 100 miles in a single school year. At 25, 50, 75, and 100 miles, they get awesome rewards commemorating their hard work. The goal is to take this program across the country to every school, ESPECIALLY since they are slowly phasing out physical fitness programs from our schools!<br />
<br />
The national average for the youth of our country who meet or exceed the Presidential Fitness standard is well below 50%. of the 65,000 who are involved in the 100 Mile Club, those who meetor exceed that same standard is well over 95%! so, the proof is in the pudding, and this program WORKS! <br />
<br />
The goal is to take the program to every school, but the unfortunate part of it all is that the youth who are at the highest risk for Childhood Obesity are in lower income communities and can't really afford the program. That is why I am calling on you for your help!!! It only takes $10 to sponsor a child for the whole year, and I ask for your help to ensure we can help any and all who want to be a part of this wonderful program. Whether it be $5 or any other amount you can contribute, PLEASE do so, and know that 100% of all contributions go directly to the kids I sincerely appreciate your support, not only for the contributions, but for the continued encouragement, live, and support you have also given to me along my journey from Super Morbid Obesity. Please visit https://fundraising.active.com/fundraiser/DanBenintendi and do what you can. Thanks again and I hope to see you all out on the road or trails soon...<br />

http://fundraising.active.com/fundraiser/DanBenintendi
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

acbbrown
on 10/16/11 12:37 pm - Granada Hills, CA
What a great program - id be happy to support you and the program. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Most Active