FLABBY SKIN AFTER SLEEVE

Mary M.
on 1/18/12 3:53 am - MD

Is it possible to "Not" end up with flabby skin after weight loss?  If you exercise with to strengthen muscles and do toning as you lose weight are you still destined to have flabby skin?

acbbrown
on 1/18/12 4:10 am - Granada Hills, CA
Yes it is possible. It's called plastic surgery :)

Exercise wont help. Sorry.

What you end up with, and how much depends on your age, how long youve been obese, your starting weight and genetics.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Jillian O.
on 1/18/12 5:41 am - Fort Riley, KS
Well said!

Jillian
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, Army Wife, 3x Ironman Finisher

Jillian O.
on 1/18/12 5:41 am - Fort Riley, KS
What Allison said is absolutely correct. You can "grow" the muscles under the skin, making them bigger, slightly, only slightly, filling out the flabby skin, but skin is skin, the only thing that can make it not flabby is a skilled plastic surgeon and lot of $$

Jillian
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, Army Wife, 3x Ironman Finisher

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/20/12 12:50 am - Fort Worth, TX
Possible? YES.... Likely? NO.... Most of us will HAVE to have Plastics to remove excess skin. However, some are lucky enough to not have to. Will keep my fingers crossed for ya...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Krazydoglady
on 1/20/12 1:34 am - FL

How big you were, how long you were MO, how much yo-yoing you did, age, past sun exposure, etc., all contribute to skin issues.  There's not a lot you can do to mediate those things without surgical intervention.  In general, staying well hydrated, getting adequate protein and vitamins, and  limiting sun exposure are good for your skin.   Exercise and overall good health are good for your skin. 

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

Mary M.
on 1/23/12 7:02 am - MD
Thank you for your response...the first to give me hope.  I have 90/100 to lose.  I have not been a yo-yo dieter and I want to find an exercise psychologist to help me exercise correctly from the start.  I am trying to find one, but so far I have not.  But, again I thank you.  I should have known you are a good person by your name and dog picture...I have three dogs myself!
Sheila C.
on 3/7/12 12:05 am - VA
VSG on 02/21/12
You can also try Physical Therapy offices in your area. My surgeon has a partnership with a local PT and they have a complete bariatric program designed for bariatric patients.
Sheila     
Most Active