ab exercise after tummy tuck

txhotmomma
on 3/5/12 10:24 am

question????

After my tummy tuck my dr said to never do ab exercises again!  He said he gave me a six pack and to leave it alone... but that doesn't sound right to me, and i think he was a quack.... have you ever heard this before?

thank you!

Rachel (txhotmomma)        
MacMadame
on 3/5/12 10:50 am - Northern, CA
That sounds whacko to me. If you don't do ab work, you will have a weak core and that can impact all sorts of physical activity.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

mcarthur01
on 3/5/12 11:33 pm - Cumming, GA
no ab work, no six pack.  that being said, i'm not sure if you are healing after a tummy tuck or you are done healing, but i would make sure you are ready to start up ab work.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

MsApryl
on 3/7/12 9:04 am - Pocono summit, PA
your core is the most important part of your workout and body. this sounds strange to me I would make sure you are throughly healed then see how you feel. It is up to you what you want. My doc says I can work out lightly now but no lifitnig for 3 months it takes a long time for the core to heal but you can work out after 3 to 6 months. some people choose not to it depends on your overall goal.
  Happines is not a birthright.You make your own happiness through your attitude and the way you behave.Happiness is a choice. It takes daily practice to make it a habbit.
Most Active