biking and balance

nikkobleu
on 7/15/12 7:09 am
VSG on 04/30/12
I'm trying to do something else instead of walking (very boring) so i got the bike out dusted off the dust bunnies, put air in tires. On my first attempt had trouble getting on the thing and when i did started up my gravel driveway slight incline and fell off just as I got to the road maybe 5 feet. Is our balance off due to being heavy and or not biking for at least 5+ years. Hubby teasing me I need training wheels... How do I get started?
acbbrown
on 7/15/12 7:34 am - Granada Hills, CA
it took me a couple attempts to get on and get going. One thing to consider is that the bike might be too big or small for you making it very awkward - you might need to adjust the seat post or handlebars to make it more comfortable. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

sjnils
on 7/17/12 9:22 am, edited 7/17/12 9:31 am - fremont, NE
I just started too.  Don't give up.  Have your hubby hold onto the back     until you get going.  My sister held onto mine for the first three days, but after that she said I didn't need it anymore.  Been on my own since.  Try it again!

nikkobleu
on 7/18/12 1:57 am
VSG on 04/30/12
thanks for all the advice. I will try again with my hubby holding the back.
cabin111
on 7/20/12 9:09 am

Be sure to start on a level area.  If you need to, find a local elementary, high school, college where they have level areas and you can ride (outside basketball courts, parking lots).

Most Active