Recent Posts

nannymom
on 1/2/06 11:13 pm - Hope, NM
Topic: RE: Grandparents raising grandchildren
OOPS! I meant to say they will be 12 and 14 in March. Cathy
nannymom
on 1/2/06 11:12 pm - Hope, NM
Dana, have been thinking about you. I had my surgery on Dec 5 as well and am doing great. Just wondering how you have done. I know that keeping up with a 4 year old, especially a little boy, is a feat in itself! I am thankful that our two are well passed that age and are able to do for themselves for the most part. They are such a blessing and at times I miss them being little. They will be 13 and 14 in March. Cathy
gmaschuette
on 1/2/06 3:26 pm - Edgewood, KY
My husband and I have been raising our grandson since he was 3. He will be 5 in March. We go for custody Jan 10th. I am so grateful that I had the WLS just so I can keep up with him. He is a joy. His mother pops in occassionaly but doesn't seem to have a clue what she is missing. We prayer some day she will get straight and do right by him. I agree the legal hassles are a pain.
Michelle H
on 11/25/05 11:24 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
Hello I have had my sons baby since he was 3 weeks old he is almost 5 years and his mother has just recently wanting him full time she has never bothered with him before...... friggin sucks I am so scared of losing him His mother is abusive has been brought by abusers , druggy achoholics who are not law abiding citizens
Pegtrala
on 11/14/05 6:55 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Cathy. I have 2 grandsons and I am amazed at how much energy it takes just to babysit them from time to time for their parents! They are 4 and 8. My DH and I do a lot of tag teaming...or is it divide and conquer? Anyway, I will take one of them and my DH will take the other one, and then we'll play. After awhile, we switch off. By the time their parents come to get them, we are pooped! I really don't know how you do it, but I think it takes special people to take on the care and responsibility of raising another generation of children. I wish you well. Peg
masterchief
on 11/8/05 5:45 am - Niceville, FL
Cathy, My name is Dana. Patti ,my wife, and I recently was granted custody of our 4 year old grandson. WOW, I cannot keep up with this boy. I am scheduled for wls on 5 december and my wife will also be scheduled within the next couple of months maby once I lose some weight I can keep up with our grandson.
nannymom
on 11/4/05 6:34 pm - Hope, NM
Topic: Grandparents raising grandchildren
Just wondering how many grg are out there going through this, trying to get healthy and thinner to keep up with the youngsters! We have two grandsons that we adopted 9+ years ago. We've had the older one 11 3/4 years and the younger one 11 years. They are our son's boys and are now 11 and 13. What a 'trip' it was to have two in diapers, an infant and a toddler to keep up with along with all the legal hassle and worries connected with it all!
PinkShabbyRoses
on 11/3/05 2:24 am - Bakersfield, CA
Topic: RE: My 5 yr. old grandson...........
Not a grandson story but a daughter story which she is now 25 years old...I was on Medi-fast at one point and I had just brought my daughter her first training bra and she came down the hall way and told me "Just think Mom when you lose all your weight you can wear it" LOL Kelly
Luvitsunny
on 11/2/05 1:28 am - Sunny South, FL
Topic: My 5 yr. old grandson...........
As we were preparing (pre Hurricane Wilma) our important papers and putting them in large plastic zip lock bags my daughter showed my 5 yr. old grandson a pre-surgery picture of me. She asked the typical questions: "Do you know who this is"....His reply, "yes, it's Grandma". "Is anything different about her now?" "Yes", he replied, "She had a baby". I laughed until I cried. Got a good grandchild story????????????????? luvitsunnyv
Reva Hayes
on 11/1/05 4:04 am - Altus, OK
Topic: RE: new grandbaby
Hi! Congrats Candy! What a special day, July 16th is my birthday also! I have 3 grandbabies, all boys. Jaeden will be 4 in December, Ethan will be 1 in December, and the day before my surgery, my daughter had another beautiful boy Kadin on October 5th. Isn't being a grandma the BEST? Congrats again on your new bundle of joy!!!!
Most Active