Tacoma Support Group

dianaism
on 3/24/05 9:56 am - Tacoma, WA
At the last support group meeting, we discussed having a clothes exchange at the next meeting. Jackie should be posting a message sometime before then (probably on the Yahoo site), but I just thought I would post it too here. Love Diana
Carol S.
on 3/26/05 12:51 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hi Diana! We met at the last meeting in Tacoma and I have a question... I have not gotten to the Dr. to get the referral yet but I have a lot of cloths that are too small for me, do you think I could bring them and pick up a few that would actually fit? I was just on the GHC site and found out that Dr. Rouse is accepting new patients so I put in to become one of his patients. I have not had a steady Dr. for about 3 years... they assign me a Dr. and I usually get to see them one time and then they leave GH. I hope he is as nice as everyone in the group said he is, I am sure tired of being shuffled around and not getting any help because I never get to build a relationship with a Dr. My last experience with a Dr. was less than helpful. See you next Month. Carol
dianaism
on 3/26/05 1:14 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hi Carol I get so excited when I get activity on this board. That's the whole point of the clothes exchange, to bring what you don't need and leave with ones that fit. What size do you wear? I'll be bringing a bunch of 3X that I think I'm through with, from casual to evening dresses. I still wear some 3X even though they're a little baggy because I haven't searched for more of my 2X clothes that I hopefully have stored away somewhere. I also will be bringing a few 4X too. I know what you mean with the doctor situation. I had to go all the way to the Tacoma GH for a female doctor and then she left shortly after I saw her. Then they told me that they didn't have any more female doctors. So I have Dr. Schmitt out of the Tacoma South GH and he seems to be pretty nice. He sure made getting the WLS a breeze. Good luck with the doc and see you next month. Love Diana
Carol S.
on 3/29/05 5:33 am - Tacoma, WA
I got an appointment with Dr. Rouse for my referral!!! He is on vacation so it is a bit out but April 26th isn't all THAT long to wait when I have been waiting DECADES to lose this fat! I will be able to tell the group something at the meeting in 'milestones'... I hope! A message on the Yahoo board scared me! It said GH was no longer covering WLS! So I called the Customer Service and checked, I have Group Health Plus and they still cover the WLS I was able to discuss this with my husband finally! He was in California when I came to the meeting. He is all for me having the surgery! Whew! I was afraid he would be a bit of a bugger when it came to WLS, he is never sick and doesn't like to go to the Dr. and surgery is waaaaay out there for him. I am now bouncing in my seat and waiting! Carol 330/xxx/150
dianaism
on 3/30/05 5:24 am - Tacoma, WA
I'm happy for you too; I just want to dance. Actually, I just said that so I can use the little dancing dudes I think are so cute. Must be nice not to get sick. I went through a bunch of clothes already and have about four Trader Joe's paper bags full so far (I love their bags with handles). I still have more to go through. I guess it's going to be a while before the next meeting, so if you want I can make arrangements with you if you'd like before then if you wear 3X or 4X. Then we could bring whatever is leftover to the meeting. Let me know. Love Diana
Carol S.
on 4/5/05 9:57 am - Tacoma, WA
Hi Diana! Honest I wasn't ignoring you, I read your post in email then couldn't get back in here to answer you. I would love to get together with you if you have time! Tuesdays and Saturdays are my best days for doing things since I do not have work or church those days AND I have the car too! My schedule is screwy... but I can meet you any day except Sunday after 3:30 pm, Tuesday all day. I work 2 volunteer jobs, one at Church where I am one of the audio techs - 6 to 8 hours a day 5 days a week, and one here on the net where I am a Chaplain and administrative assistant - on and off all day and nights 7 days a week. Plus I babysit my grandson and attempt to keep house. I tend to sleep 4am to noonish. My husband has the car 3am to 3:30pm for work. I did say my schedule was screwy... So I may have Wesley with me when we meet but he is a good little guy and shouldn't be a problem. Well now that you know my life story... thank You for the Offer!!! You have no idea what it means for me. Carol
dianaism
on 4/5/05 1:26 pm - Tacoma, WA
Wow! You really do have some schedule. I admire you for all the volunteer work you're doing. I'm glad you're interested. Tuesdays would be perfect for me as I am off that day. How old is your grandson? I have a 2.5-year-old boy, Jake. I live in Parkland near Spanaway. You can come over or we can meet somewhere. Just let me know. Love Diana
Carol S.
on 4/5/05 4:10 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hi Diana! Wesley is 4 years old and your little Jake probably out wieghs him... he is tiny at 37 inches tall and 26 lbs. He lost wieght while they were in calif. for 2 weeks! ...sigh... I am trying to lose wieght and all of us are trying to keep wieght on Wess! You may know the church we rent down in Parkland then... Parkland revival Center... We rent it through the week and the church has it for the weekend. It is at 620 134th St. Behind the Saar's market on Pacific. I would be glad to come to your place, to be quite honest, I have been unable to keep my house up in the last year or so, too fat to bend and work the hours needed to keep things clean enough for company. I keep the living room and kitchen clean enough to live in and Wesley's room clean enough to play in but... I am embarassed by the stuff I can no longer get to. And when the girls moved out in Feb they left a mess upstairs and down that is just beyond me. You name when and I will bring my stuff over, I want to try to iron some of it so it looks nice. Carol
dianaism
on 4/6/05 1:05 am - Tacoma, WA
I totally understand about keeping house. I've been a whole lot better since dropping so much weight. You know that saying, "It's a small world?" How 'bout this ... The church you go to is right next door to my parents' house. In fact, my dad jokingly says he doesn't need to go to church because he can just stand outside and listen to them next door. Did you recently get a new pastor? There's a man who's living in a small trailer in the back who has been asked to move so my parents have offered to let him park his trailer on their property and in exchange he has been doing some yard work for them. To be honest, I wasn't too thrilled when I first saw his trailer parked so close to their property, but it looks like he might be an OK guy. I always worry about them and they've had problems with theft in the past. It really is a small world isn't it? So it may be easier to meet at my parents' house, even though I only live a few minutes away. They're in the brick house with the long driveway. How about noonish and we'll have lunch and bring your grandson. Jake is about 25 pounds. I'm not sure how tall (short). He's very small too. Please don't worry about ironing. Love Diana
Carol S.
on 4/6/05 8:42 am - Tacoma, WA
Small World INDEED!!! The Church has an interim Pastor because Pastor Hitch**** resigned so he could go back to South Africa. There is a motor home parked at the side of the church but I have no idea whose it is. Do your parents live directly behind the church or off to the right? I hope they are not upset with the loud Praise & Worship... some of the neighbors are. We do try to keep it down after 10pm and P&W is usually over by 8-8:30, if he is hearing the service, I don't think that can be helped... thin walls and lots of windows. Noonish when? Next Tuesday? Carol
Most Active
Recent Topics
I HAVE A DATE!!!!!
Tangent-Circles · 1 replies · 233 views
PRE-OP CLASS DATE!!
lhasaraptormom · 2 replies · 276 views
Hello... wondering
lhasaraptormom · 3 replies · 232 views
This board kinda died...
auntlorlee · 3 replies · 355 views