Surgery Approval

Carol S.
on 5/4/05 8:09 pm - Tacoma, WA
I got the letter for approval on Wednesday. Now what do I do? The referral ends 11/2/05 and I know that the process usually takes more time than that. Who do I call to ask if the coverage is going to be continued for my insurance? Still bouncing in my seat! Carol
lhasaraptormom
on 5/5/05 3:32 am - Spokane, WA
Congrats!! After I got my letter, I had to wait for another letter with Harriet's number, then I had to call her and make an appointment to chat with her,then she will send you the tests that need to be done, and on and on... From what I understand they will give you as many referals as you need to keep the process going. Oh yes I also hear that Harriet is on a long vacation so that may require a bit more time, I am awaiting her as well. Again Congrats, and thanks for posting on this board, it was kind of like a ghost town.
auntlorlee
on 5/5/05 5:42 am - Bellingham, WA
It took a couple of weeks for me to get the paperwork that comes after your approval. My appt with Harriet was schedule for about a month after that. I got all my testing done the following week along with my psych eval. Paid for my nutritional counseling the next week and about 3 weeks later, I had my orientation date. As far as coverage goes, ask your employer. They should know if your policy is going to change. Congrats on your approval!!! Lori
lhasaraptormom
on 5/5/05 5:51 am - Spokane, WA
Lori~ Did Harriet tell you not to pay the fee until they told you to pay or did you just pay and wait? She told me to not pay until they told me so I am wondering. Thanks.
auntlorlee
on 5/5/05 6:32 am - Bellingham, WA
Well they sent me an invoice, so I paid it. She did tell me to wait for the invoice first. It will be in with the packet of paper work Harriet sends you. It's called The Free and Clear Program. Hope this helps! Lori
lhasaraptormom
on 5/5/05 8:34 am - Spokane, WA
I received the packed with the invoice and when I asked Harriet she told me to wait until she asked me to pay...odd... Thanks for replying...
auntlorlee
on 5/5/05 8:52 am - Bellingham, WA
They had nooo problem taking my money! I just made sure to keep my receipts they sent. We'll see what happens I guess. She never told me not to pay it. Have you gotten your orientation date yet?? Lori
Mari J
on 5/5/05 9:43 am - Kent, WA
Congratulations Carol! I'm so glad you are on your way. Harriet told me not to pay too early, so I just sent my payment last week, after they gave me my orientation date on 6/3. I was told that you are put on the nutrition program 2-3 months before surgery, but we can't really start until we get a surgery date and that seems to be 6-8 weeks after orientation. It's good to find out that Harriett is gone, because she has not responded to my email...she usually does within a day or so...so I was wondering about it. I had my pulmonary dr. appointment last week. Dr. Chuang was wonderful and spent a lot of time with me and updated my asthma meds. I had a sleep apnea test at home that same night, but they (Apria) didn't pick up the monitor until today (finally!). I have a bad cold right now and I'm being a whiny baby....and wondering how I'll be after surgery!! Mari
lhasaraptormom
on 5/5/05 10:21 am - Spokane, WA
No I have not got my date yet I am thinking since Harriet is out I will have to wait a bit. Gives me patience I guess...lol
auntlorlee
on 5/6/05 3:48 am - Bellingham, WA
Any idea how long Harriet is gone? She desparately needed a vacation. I will give her that. I wonder if they have someone filling in for her. Anyway, hopefully you will get the same orientation date as Me, Mari, and Jim. It would be way cool to meet everyone face to face! By the way, I absolutely LOVE your babies! I have wanted a Lhasa Apso (sp?) ever since I can remember! They are adorable! Lori
Most Active
Recent Topics
I HAVE A DATE!!!!!
Tangent-Circles · 1 replies · 233 views
PRE-OP CLASS DATE!!
lhasaraptormom · 2 replies · 276 views
Hello... wondering
lhasaraptormom · 3 replies · 232 views
This board kinda died...
auntlorlee · 3 replies · 355 views