Been MIA...Quick Update w/Pic!

Nikki C.
on 2/22/12 5:26 am - Gaithersburg, MD
Just hopped on here to give a quick update from my threads from last week!

My chest pains started to calm down over the weekend and I was eating all foods fine...hmmm I was not a work so go figure.  I've been feeling better but I'm certain what iwas happening - stress induced - is that I have been having esophageal spams which I remember having in the beginning of my journey as well (at that time from eating to fast).

Nonetheless I'm hanging in there but won't have much time to be on the boards right now.  Did I say again my work is frigging crazy.  Need to try not to let it affect my eating in general and the way I'm feeling physically.....mentally there is no hope right now.  I'm just beat! 

Hope everyone is doing well! 

I'm posting an updated before and after!  I've been kicking and scream between 3 pounds for weeks  - probably this damn stress holding me back from losing! Now hopefully when I post my next photo-set I will be at "my" goal (25lbs to go!)

August 2009 - 3 weeks before surgery around 330ish (probably 335 that day as that was my summer work party and I did the food organizing and ate everything in sight knowing in a few days I was going to be starting my liquids....I can't even believe I walked around looking like that ugh)

26/28 Top, 24 Bottom or 3X

Last Saturday - 210lbs
14 Bottoms/ XL or L (I even have 2 pairs of 12s but the "W" cut)
Tops vary to fit my arms unfortunately.  14/16, XXL, 1X occasionally or the lovely "0" (Torrid) or "1" (Kiyonna) Plus.

Shopping is VERY difficult for me and I've not had good luck at the size I am at now.  Especially pants,  I need bigger than a 2 inch zipper and something that is not plumber butt! I wear these 14's to hike them up over my muffin top and loose skin!  I need high waisted stuff to hold me in or I look a hot mess!

minnie_cat
on 2/22/12 6:42 am
You look great! I hope the work misery will be short lived!
Nikki C.
on 2/22/12 10:51 am - Gaithersburg, MD
ME too!  The stress really plays a huge role in how my band acts! Thankfully there are weekends :) 

Reneekitty
on 2/22/12 8:02 am - CA
Oh Nikki you look wonderful.  I'm so proud of you for losing so much weight.  You look totally different from your old picture.  I was almost 300 lbs. before I had my surgery in January, 2008 and now weigh 220.  I wear a size 18 Lane Bryant pants and only wish I was a 14 or even a 12.  Isn't it funny how different people who are almost the same size (with 10 lbs. between them) can have such different body shape/size.  I wish you the best of luck on your journey.  You're beautiful!

Nikki C.
on 2/22/12 10:41 am - Gaithersburg, MD
Thanks for your nice reply Renee!  I would bet anything you are taller than me and that is why you wear  bigger size.  I'm 5'3.  I wear Lane Bryant 14 jeans but the work pants are too big for me unless I can find a 14 yellow and I'm certainly not a yellow shape but the regular cut pants are too big.

I've tried a few non plus size places and have fit the 14s but for example something at Target I could never wear a 14 pant...I'd barely get them up to my butt crack haha! 

There is a difference between plus size and regular for sure.  But 14 plus is almost too big and well I don't think I can ever fit 16 regulars...the zipper and the short waisted issue. There is a store called Ashley Stewart - it is plus size but they start at 10W...meaning the pants are cut bigger in the hips, legs and butt  for a woman's build..not a 10 year old boy (sigh).

Best of luck to you...with some of things being posted on this board lately seems like we all need luck.  I've always worried about "long term" with my band but my first priority has been getting the weight off.

I have not been without problems but thankfully none have been major! Reading many posts and here lately with all these people having problems, especially long term 5+ years out and having to get their bands removed really scares me.  I get more paranoid and terrified.  I cannot honestly imagine where I'd be without my band and I certainlycan never imagine losing it either! I know I can't do this on my own or I would have done it long ago.

cheyenne000
on 2/22/12 10:22 am
VSG on 03/25/16

Congratsyou have done a fantastic job. You look Fabulous

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

Nikki C.
on 2/22/12 10:42 am - Gaithersburg, MD
Thanks Jodi

dianeg49
on 2/22/12 11:04 am
Congrats! You do look wonderfull! The stress stuff please try to find a way to not let it bother you. I let me health suffer for job stress. Not worth it!
You are doing this to get healthy. Mental health counts also. Good luck!!
Dianeg49            
Wendybrum
on 2/22/12 10:47 pm - Oceanside, NY
 You look amazing. Keep up the good work .
Stress can be hell which means reecking havoc on our bands. 
 Sending you Happy thoughts
wendy
Nikki C.
on 2/22/12 11:29 pm - Gaithersburg, MD
Thanks Wendy!

Most Active