Waiting for approval---need an angel

coG627
on 8/22/05 1:03 pm - Greenbelt, MD
Hi folks, I'm new to this message board. I'm waiting to be approved and you know...I'm finding out that my family and friends don't understand why I'm having the surgery or they are apathetic. I am married but whenever I try to discuss the surgery with my husband, he changes the subject or acts like he didn't hear me. I could really use a friendly ear to voice my hopes, my fears, someone who knows just how I feel and what I'm about to go through. Any one interested can email me. Have a God-blessed day on purpose! coG627
Colleen S.
on 9/16/05 12:48 am - Warren, MI
hi, I am sorry u seem to have no support from family and friends right now, but what I noticed from my family and friends is that they didn't understand the process. All you ever hear on tv or in papers is the complications and risks, they really don't discuss the success stories, they would rather make everyone fear this surgery and then they can plaster all over the tv and papers how "fat or obease" americans have become. I took my husband to a seminar with me, the surgeon was there and talked about the procedure, risks and also the success stories and let me tell you, we both left that meeting feeling a lot better about the surgery. He is now my biggest supporter. Maybe you could try educating family and friends a little more on the bennifits from the surgery and maybe they will come around....You could also try posting this question on the main message board, a lot more people go to that one, I have been on this site for over a month now and this is the first time i have come across this message board. God Bless Colleen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone around?!
Just Valena · 2 replies · 375 views
Nuvaring
Cruise Director Julie · 0 replies · 808 views
Unhappy Husband
N I. · 8 replies · 556 views
responding to my mother-in-law
Jennifer P. · 9 replies · 743 views