Recent Posts

yvranx42
on 2/26/17 5:51 pm
VSG on 02/01/17
Topic: RE: I am almost there... I think

I can tell you what my surgeon said about exercise...

Of course, you want to be walking right away after surgery.

After that, my surgeon approved me for cardio at my appt 10 days after surgery. I've been doing about an hour several times a week. I'm fine while I'm doing it, but I need about 15-20 minutes of rest afterwards as I get a little lightheaded.

Next up, I'll be starting back with Tae Kwon Do at about the six week mark, but taking it easy on the ab and core work.

yvranx42
on 2/26/17 5:43 pm
VSG on 02/01/17
Topic: RE: Sunday Weigh In

High weight (June 2011): 328

Pre surgery weight (2/1/17): 283

Last week: 256.0

This week: 250.5

This was my first week eating non-liquids. I've been eating a lot of salmon. Tried having an egg this morning and it was trouble.

Exercise has been really good this week. I woke up early to do about one Game of Thrones episode on the elliptical machine four days during the week, and my wife and I took our girls on a 4 mile hike on Saturday. Carrying the backpack with all the drinks and jackets was so easy - just another 15 lbs on me when I had more weight on me than that a month ago.

I have my first business trip since the surgery startIng tomorrow. I will probably be heavily reliant on protein shakes Monday through Friday.

I already weigh less than I did when I got married in 2005. Tried on my tux from the wedding last week and added it to the donation pile. So happy with my decision!!

Don 1962
on 2/26/17 1:55 pm

It is rule numero uno post WLS!  Crosses all social, economic, racial, sexual orientation, gender lines and surgery types.  Even at almost 9 years out if there is any doubt about what is going on - I'm hunting porcelain. 

Qajohn
on 2/26/17 10:20 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

I always weigh myself the same way (Post dump, and pre liquids in the morning), so I have a consistent number. I really don't care what an individual number is, I'm looking for consistency and trends which I can get from weighing myself on the same scale all the time. 

Qajohn
on 2/26/17 10:17 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

You'll find lots of different opinions on food. I subscribe to the "Anything Goes in Moderation" theory. Pasties are little calorie bombs to be sure, but I had one at MTU about 8 weeks after surgery. I nibbled on the inside and left the crust. Today, I would probably do the same, but a pasty would be more of an exception than a rule in what I'd eat. 

My biggest problem in Tn would be the darn BBQ. I love that stuff. 

82much
on 2/26/17 8:41 am
VSG on 11/28/16

Don, your signature line is so true!  While starting my two week pre op diet,and while t work, i let out what I thought was an innocent little blast .  A short minute later I was in the men's room, cutting my underwear off with a pocket knife so the semi contained contents would not spill.  The rest of the day was spent commando.  :-)  I've kept an extra pair in my car since then.

82much
on 2/26/17 8:34 am
VSG on 11/28/16

232 on home scale,  Although the scale at my Nutritionist appointment Friday said 236.

HW 290 July 2016

Weather is slightly improving, I hope to start walking for exercise!  That is the hardest component for me.  I just hate it. :-)

Don 1962
on 2/26/17 8:12 am

Last week - 180.2
This week - 181.4

Those little gremlins have gotten ahold of my vest and duty rig as well!  Long as I don't start letting out on the duty rig I'm okay with number on scale even though I want it to go lower.  In a NSV of sorts I recently got four new uniform shirts - still in a medium after six years of working there. 

Know cause of uptick on scales.  Two birthdays this week meant cake  or mini SF pecan pies.  I'm now officially eligible for the senior discount at  IHOP.

Y'all go do your thing!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

trkr75
on 2/26/17 5:59 am
VSG on 11/08/17

So was doing a little cyber stalking..lol As I sit here in front of my computer at work waiting for the day to end or start depending on who you are. I work 11pm - 8am at a data center in Nashville, TN. I came across a post of yours in which you say you went to Michigan Tech I believe it was. It is a small world I went to Lake Superior State, since you were a yooper for a while anyways... you will understand my next questio... Are pasties out of the question? I have a friend who lives down in TN as well but she is from Escanaba and makes killer pasties.... Anyways thanks for the reply.

Ken

CarlRay
on 2/26/17 5:33 am
RNY on 02/28/17
Topic: RE: RNY coming up

Thanks for the message Keith, to keep in touch I'd like that a lot.  It's been quite a ride so far and we are just getting started.  Good luck tomorrow! 

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 25 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 25 views
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 49 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 74 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 101 views