Recent Posts

Don 1962
on 3/5/17 7:00 am
Topic: RE: Sunday Weigh In

Last week - 181.4
This week - 182.6

Not good! Stress eating. Have gotten the time on treadmill to under 74:00 but have been off of it last couple of days. Need to get on it today.

Stressing over work and maybe making a change. Part of stress was that I can not find my resume' on computer! Guess when I transferred things from old HP to new HP it went off into electronic oblivion. Managed to get a hard copy from my personnel file at work but it is six years old. Really needs updating when five of your six references are either retired, dead or now have criminal histories!

Get 'er done!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Qajohn
on 3/5/17 4:13 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14
Topic: Sunday Weigh In

337.6: High weight Dec '13

311.3: Surgery day 1/16/14

191.8: 1st Surgiversary

199.2: 2nd Surgiversary

201.6: 3rd Surgiversary

202.2: Last Weigh in

199.6: CW

Food: A-

Water: A

Vitamins: B+

Exercise: B+

Not bad this week. I'll take it. Sorry for the longer post, but here's what change I made...

I'm not Catholic, and I've never worried about giving anything up for lent. Last week however on fat Tuesday, my wife decided to buy Paczki for us. I was pissed. These are calorie bombs, and I didn't want them in the house. Nevertheless, there they were. So we ate them. Afterward, I was explaining that I needed her support, and she offered that she would give up sweets for lent. OK, I'll do that too. That evening, I decided to double down, and made a conscious decision to eliminate all night time snacks for lent as well. What the heck, the worst thing that can happen is I feel hungry at night - AND I KNOW THAT"S ALL IN MY HEAD ANYWAY!

So, no sweets and no snacks for the last four days of the week. The results are encouraging.

Have a great week!

Qajohn
on 3/2/17 8:34 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

I use Spin classes as my Cardio workout. I go to the gym on weekends for classes, and I have a bike at home for basement workouts. I bought a "Hybrid" bike last year (Trek FX 7.4) and found that I enjoyed riding. I want a new bike, but my eyes are wider than my pocketbook for a new bike right now. Soon, I'll be able to get outside and ride again.

One thing I may think of doing differently than a home "Spin Bike" is a trainer for my road bike. That way you get the right fit and can do more specific training.

Ohiodietguy
on 3/2/17 6:47 am

thank you for your response I really appreciate it . I need to get more discipline and start logging my food again and my fitness pal I do good in the morning and lunch and I completely forget at night. I notice and continue to watch my food every day . I am going to spinning classes twice a week and I finally was able to buy a used road bike so I'm hoping to start bike riding again . Thank you for logging in on a regular basis . Glad to know there's other people out there who are going through the same experience as I am . Thanks have a good day

Starting Weight 337  Current Weight 178.4 BMI 22.3 

Qajohn
on 3/2/17 3:24 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

After 18 months, your body is starting to figure out how to absorb more calories. In other words, the malabsorption you enjoyed at the beginning is now about over. Now the work starts. I have to work every day to keep my eating in check. I've gained a bit, but I still exercise (not 3 hrs/day!!!) and I log my food into myfitnesspal every day to track calories.

I'm glad you checked back in. I do think of how folks are doing who haven't checked in for a while. It may sound silly, but for me, knowing that I am going to weigh in and report it helps me be more mindful of my eating through the week.

Ohiodietguy
on 3/1/17 5:43 pm

Hello guys

Thought I would check in

Pre Surgery 337 RNY Oct 2015

current weight. 177,6 

On Jan 1st of this year I weighed 170 and was so proud of my weight.  Since then I have gained a about 8lbs. I am about 18 mos post op.  I have a one year check up with my family doctor tomorrow.  I think a big part of my weight loss is "mental" ,  How I am feeling and if I am in the right mind set. I am looking for some motivation or inspiration to get started again.  I see many who post on this site talk about weight regain starting at 18 mos post op.  On Monday when I got on the scale I gained 3.7 lbs and weighed 181. How do you stay motivated for the long term? Has anyone else started to regain weight at 18 mos post op?

I continue to exercise quite a bit. Since mid Nov I have been working out at the  YMCA. Normally I work out for 2.5 to 3 hrs everyday. This is the first week I have cut back to 2 hrs per day. There are some days I feel like my eating is out of control. After working out at breakfast I usually eat 1200 calories. 

Well sorry this is so long. I welcome everyone's feedback & response :)

Starting Weight 337  Current Weight 178.4 BMI 22.3 

Qajohn
on 2/26/17 8:00 pm - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

Sorry to hear about the hernia. Keep your chin up!!

I know very well how hard it is to eat well. I have my own demons I fight every day. 

Qajohn
on 2/26/17 7:57 pm - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

THose NSV's just keep piling up. 

Great Job

billmacc7
on 2/26/17 7:10 pm - MA

High-346

Low-196

Last Week-223

Today-226

The hard truth is my eating has been awful at best. I have been trying to control it but to no avail. I am going to try to go back to the star****er, logging, vitamins..not going to focus on scale but on following the program of post op WLS.

I had gone in last Wednesday for an incision hernia. It was not good. Dr informed me that I didn't have a hernia but may be an old hernia that is the problem. Going in to have a CAT scan to see how to proceed. Now I have a hump where incisional site is that is agitated ? 

Food-F

Water-D

Vitamins-A

Exercise-B

NSV-Although I am struggling I am not giving up!!!!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

yvranx42
on 2/26/17 5:51 pm
VSG on 02/01/17
Topic: RE: I am almost there... I think

I can tell you what my surgeon said about exercise...

Of course, you want to be walking right away after surgery.

After that, my surgeon approved me for cardio at my appt 10 days after surgery. I've been doing about an hour several times a week. I'm fine while I'm doing it, but I need about 15-20 minutes of rest afterwards as I get a little lightheaded.

Next up, I'll be starting back with Tae Kwon Do at about the six week mark, but taking it easy on the ab and core work.

Most Active
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 26 views
Recent Topics
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 26 views
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 47 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 80 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 103 views