A lighter me

bh70116
on 8/3/14 10:16 pm - Mcpherson, KS

Hello I am considering having the gastric sleeve done in Tijuana by DR Ortiz. Would appreciate hearing your experiences with this company and Dr good or bad please be honest. 

Thanks in advance

VSGJean
on 8/9/14 9:38 am
VSG on 09/21/12

I had my surgery on September 21, 2012. I'm 5'8 and my surgery weight was 244. I'm now 151. I've actually sent 3 others to Dr. Ortiz since my surgery. Best decision I've ever made and would do it again 100%. I have a youtube page. I haven't posted on it in a year and I REALLY need to do an update, but feel free to check it out. I'm VSGJean (of course)....

LEOKAT
on 8/12/14 2:37 am

I'm scheduled for surgery on 8/22 with Dr. Ortiz through ALighterMe.  I'm excited and doing my protein shake diet now!

louielover
on 4/25/15 10:06 am

Hi!  I'm looking into "A lighter me" with Ortiz as well.  I'm skeptical but want to believe this isn't a scam.  How was your experience?

LEOKAT
on 4/27/15 12:24 am

I had a great experience.  I did alot of research and felt most comfortable with ALighterMe.  They were wonderful, every detail was great, they are very helpful and nice. I would reccommend them without a doubt in my mind!

roseygirl
on 8/20/14 11:46 am

Banded by Dr Ortiz at occ in 2007. Would use him again. Don't be afraid of mx be afraid of unqualified surgeons. 

NurseNat
on 8/23/14 4:47 pm - alexander, AR

Was it Dr. Elias Ortiz that performed your surgery in 2007? There is another Ortiz who practices bariatric surgery. According to Dr. Elias Ortiz as stated on "AlighterMe" website; Dr. Ortiz list "Chief Resident of General Surgery" in years 2011-2012. I personally come from a medical background; chief resident is an accomplishment, but that still means he is in his "training" period. Residents are not 100% completed in their studies/skills; they do not practice alone (at least that is the way it is here in the U.S).

NurseNat
on 8/23/14 4:39 pm - alexander, AR

I cannot seem to find Dr ELIAS Ortiz or Dr. Oscar Morales from "A Lighter Me" listed as having a current surgeon license or as having being licensed as a bariatric surgeon for MX. I can find other surgeons, but those two are not listed. I myself am currently researching surgeons for a VSG in MX. I am having such a hard time! The "A Lighter Me" has good patient reviews, but it does concern me that I cannot find either of those surgeons on the mexico surgeon list. Am I looking in the wrong place? Anyone else have other input? Thanks!

proudmustangdriver
on 8/26/14 6:58 am - Canada

Ortiz license number is on A Lighter Me's website, maybe try to search that way?

proudmustangdriver
on 8/26/14 6:55 am - Canada

My Mom had VSG done by Dr.Ortiz with A Lighter Me in March 2014. She's lost 80lbs since.

I just booked with him today! She trusts him so much she is sending her daughter there, so I feel that's a good indication of it!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 304 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 489 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1088 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1657 views