How long after surgery did you have to stay off the bike.

jamanges
on 6/18/08 4:46 am - Oxford, PA
I am in the process of getting my lap band and have pretty much postponed things until Nov til after riding season. Just a quick question. How long should I have to stay off the bike, if at all, after the surgery?
(deactivated member)
on 6/21/08 4:23 pm - Aubrey, TX
the way I see it, once you're cleared to drive a car and go back to the gym, then you should be good to go on the moto. My advice: Start with slow trips. Stick close to home. Progress to longer and longer trips with the more success you have. If it starts to wear on you, make the trips shorter. You get 100 miles from home and your body "hits the wall" and you'll regret it. Remember - if you aren't focused or your mind is pre-occupied, the last place you want to be is on the saddle of your scoot. So, pay attention to your body. Take breaks. Keep your protein up. Take Snacks. Lastly, stay hydrated.
MamaB422
on 8/7/08 5:35 am - Starlight, PA
I was on it 2 wks. after! :} That was my 1st victory...now 50 lbs. down since my surgery in May... my hubby and I are having so much more fun with both of our wt. losses! Where are you? Can we ride together? lol
jamanges
on 8/7/08 10:27 pm - Oxford, PA
I see you are in the far NE part of the state. I am in the far southeast. I don't get up there much although I did an Iron Butt ride in June and was in Clark's Summit. Are you a rider or just a passenger. My surgeon is concerned about the weight of the bike(lifting). I see you also ride a trike. I do have plans of riding Rt 6 sometime next year. Please contact me directly at [email protected]. I am sure we can get together somewhere. What is your favorite destination in the State. Gettysburg is mine. Thanks for the info
Most Active
Recent Topics
Spring is coming!
JCDan · 0 replies · 320 views
Spring 2010
Moma V. · 3 replies · 461 views
Should I sell my bike????
Jill W. · 3 replies · 552 views