I got me one!!!!!

Judy 52
on 4/12/05 8:43 am - Cumberland, KY
Hi everybody, Well I bought me one the other day. It's beautiful. It's white and chromed out. Only thing is I don't know how to ride yet. hahahaaaa. I called today about taking a safety course on the 22-24th and she wasn't sure if she had an opening or not. She was waiting on one to call her back and if they don't take the spot I get it. YAH!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait. I got on a 80 dirt bike the other day and took right off. I did really good. I drove a 5 speed car for several years and loved it. I didn't even kill my motor or nothing. Now I am 52 but I don't feel it. Age is just a number. I rode on the back of a bike a couple of times about 35 years ago and that's it. hahahahaaaa. So I hope I get to take the course that week-end cause my surgery date is April 26th YAH!!!!!!!!!! There is hardly any women here that ride bikes. but I don't care. I've stood back long enough and now my turn is coming up. I have taken care of my children and grandchildren all my life and now it's my time. Thanks for listening..... I'll put a picture of my bike up as soon as I can./ She's beautiful!!!!!!!!!! Take care Judy Oh by the way. I forgot to tell you what kind of bike I got. It's a Harley Sportster 1200 Custom
Alfie
on 4/12/05 11:17 pm - AZLE, TX
Hi Judy You goooo girl !!! I love to ride. I'll be 47 this July and I've been riding off and on since I was 18. My hubby has a Honda Goldwing and I have a Honda 750 Shadow ACE...we love to ride and do every chance we get. The riding classes would be great. I always felt it better to take driving instructions from someone I don't know rather than a family member. I have learned a lot from my Hubby too though. Looking forward to seeing a picture of you new white/chrome steel horse. I know you will love riding. Be safe and take care Alfie 280-195 hope to be 150 someday
Kim P.
on 4/13/05 3:50 am - Orlando, FL
I learned to ride at the Safety class also and it was the best money I ever spent. So worth it. Fun too. Good luck with your surgery and riding class.
Alfie
on 4/13/05 6:29 am - AZLE, TX
Hey Judy..forgot to mention. I grew up in southern Indiana and both my parents are from Kentucky. Would love to ride through the Cumberland area sometime..that would be awesome. Talk to you later Alfie
gmb0899
on 4/13/05 1:06 pm
Congrats Judy! You will like the course. I took the class begining March 5. It was so fun. I also bought a Harley Sportster 12 Custom, two tone-black cherry pearl and black pearl, on Feb. 3 and could'nt ride it until I finished the class, over a month later. To date I have only put on about 25 miles! I ride around the neighborhood alot. I have rode in traffic, I live in Los Angeles and there is always traffic Alot of drivers don't see bikers so I must honk and gun my engine to get their attention! The dirt bike can't compare to the power of the Sportster, you will understand what I mean when you ride. It is such a rush when you mount your bike. I still get butterflies when I start her up! Good luck with the course and have a good time. Let us know when you add your pictures!
whichwitchiswhich
on 4/20/05 2:04 am - Easton, PA
Congrats on your scooter purchase! My dream is to buy a Harley but living on my own it is too hard to save money. I am hoping that soon I will find a partner and will have an easier time saving--or better yet, find a partner with an extra ride!! Good luck with your surgery!!! Christiana
janiej
on 4/21/05 6:04 am - Independence, IA
Congrats on buying your own bike. I've had mine for 3.5 years now -- learned how to ride just before I bought it. My s/o taught me to ride, but I also took a safety class and thought it was money well spent. Now that I'm down 112 lbs I got new leathers too -- fringed chaps & jacket. It is such a great feeling with the wind around you. (no wind in the hair for me - I ride with a helmet!!) Oh, and I have a Suzuki Intruder 805. Harleys are nice -- love the sound -- but not in my budget. S/O has a Honda Magna 750. He's been riding for years and also used to race dirt bikes locally. He loves having me ride. People tell me they think it's neat that I rode when I was heavier -- I don't know why that should have bothered me!!! I do refused to ride behind though - would rather drive my own!!! Ride safe & take care Janie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Spring is coming!
JCDan · 0 replies · 321 views
Spring 2010
Moma V. · 3 replies · 462 views
Should I sell my bike????
Jill W. · 3 replies · 553 views