Life is soooooo good on a bike!

Denise W.
on 4/22/05 10:05 pm - MD
Good Morning Everyone, I bought a Vulcan 500 about a year ago and then promptly dropped it learning ride...broke my right ankle and had to have surgery and hardware installed! This was presurgery. Well, here it is a year later....9 months out from surgery, 84 lbs lighter and ready to go! I've signed up for the Riders Edge course at a local HD dealership for May. Washed my bike DH has a HD Heritage Softail Classic and I've been his passenger. Joined the local Harley Owners Group as an associate member with DH as my sponsor. And yes I can ride with them on my metric bike. My dream is to get a Softail Deluxe in a couple of years. Riding does get in your blood...I can not wait to ride my own. We are from the DC area and will be riding in Rolling Thunder Memorial Day Sunday. If anyone from the DC area would like to ride with our group, just email me for details. All bikers are welcome. Stay safe! Denise
breathless1
on 4/26/05 8:58 pm - Spokane, WA
Hi Denise, Congrats on your bike and the healed ankle. Hope you get to ride lots this year an just think how good you will feel and look with such a great weight loss! I can hardly wait to get my first set of leathers and it will take me awhile to work up to having my own bike. Right now I am my hubby's passenger on his Yamaha Roadstar. It is the 1600 Midnite Star and we just love it. Have a great summer riding. Be Safe!
Denise W.
on 5/1/05 9:28 pm - MD
Thanks Roxi! Now that riding weather is here, I know that you and hubby are hitting the road! It really is addictive isn't it? As far as leathers go, I did buy a great vest from Fox Creek leathers, and loosened up the lacing on the sides and added those "extenders" that the guys usually wear. This enables me to wear it and since it was $$$$$ it will fit as I shrink I'm holding off on chaps and a jacket until I reach goal. I wear a second hand fringed jacket that I am downsizing out of soon Woo Hoo! And as soon as it warms up enough, it is jean jackets and vest. Have you considered taking the motorcycle safety course as a prelude to riding on your own? In my area there are tons of women riders but I know that is not the case everywhere. Enjoy being the Babe on the Back of that kewl bike! D
cntryplzer
on 5/5/05 12:32 pm - Amarillo, TX
Hey Denise! I passed my advanced training class a few weeks ago. Needless to say it rained the whole time. I'm still waiting for my surgery date and can't wait to be able to ride with a tank top on. I've owned my 750 Shadow since June of last year. Love to ride. There is a womans club here in Orlando. They take you no matter what you ride it's great fun they ride together the second thursday of the month. Enjoy riding!!! Tammi
Kim P.
on 5/11/05 6:43 am - Orlando, FL
Hey there Orlando buddy......I ride a 1100 Yamaha V-Star Custom '05. Going up to the Hooters a****erford for bike night tonight. If your in the area stop by.
donnafc
on 6/24/05 2:08 pm - Lowell, MA
Hi all, I have a suzuki 800. Turned 40 and told hubby I was getting a bike. If he wanted to spend time with me he should pick one up also. As a first time rider and he picked up Vstar 1100.... Dream bike... HD duece.... some day. Have been at it a few years. We just got back from Laconia-- It was wet and cold. Waiting on the weight loss so that I can get chaps and new riding gear. I don't have a surgery date yet, but expect to miss out on the fall rides.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Spring is coming!
JCDan · 0 replies · 321 views
Spring 2010
Moma V. · 3 replies · 462 views
Should I sell my bike????
Jill W. · 3 replies · 553 views