Advice needed

Kenniestrek
on 3/24/06 9:07 am - NY
Ok I found a nice 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750 with 664 miles. Black and pearl blue.Owner claims to have rode it in 04 then in 05 had knee surgery and again in 06 so he is selling it. Problem or question is, he told me its the original oil and he never had the 500 mile breakin service performed since he has not been on it. The bike started right upno problem! Price is $4800. Any concerns with this folks??? thanks Kenny
Angel J.
on 3/24/06 10:11 am - Troutdale, OR
If it starts up I would just have it serviced and should be ok. My hubby has a 03 model bike with about 450 miles... 400 of em I put on it! So he may very well not rode it. Sounds like a deal to me! Angel J Road
Cruise Director Julie
on 3/24/06 10:49 am - Dallas, TX
RNY on 11/15/05 with
Kenny; My 04 VStar doesn't have a ton of miles on it because of traveling a lot and prepping for surgery last year. If it started up no problem, I would just schedule the 500 mile service for the day (or day after) you pick it up. Once you have that done...ride on! Blessings, Jennifer 253 / 187 / ???
Matt S.
on 3/26/06 5:51 am - Otsego, MI
Sounds like a decent deal. The NADA online guide shows that to be the high retail - so it should look like it came off the showroom floor - and it probably does with that few of miles. Although I doubt a problem, I would check the inside of the tank with a little mirror to make sure no rust problem has started if he has been storing it over the winters with only a partially full tank. I would also siphon the gas and replace it with fresh. I use stabilizer in my tank over the winter, but still replace it sometimes. A question I would ask is would he have it serviced while in his name to get any warranty work done that may be applicable. Also, can the warranty be transferred to you? It might be worth it. If you can't get it serviced right away, I would warm it up and change the oil - unless it has been stored in a heated area. After it has been stored over the winter it can turn acidic from condensation. Good luck! Matt
Most Active
Recent Topics
Spring is coming!
JCDan · 0 replies · 321 views
Spring 2010
Moma V. · 3 replies · 462 views
Should I sell my bike????
Jill W. · 3 replies · 553 views