Yamaha VSTAR 650

Kenniestrek
on 4/7/06 3:00 am - NY
Im looking at a 2002 with less thaN 200 MILES TODAY ANY THOUGHTS? I see alot of these for sale is there a problem with them?? Kenny
Cruise Director Julie
on 4/7/06 7:20 am - Dallas, TX
RNY on 11/15/05 with
Kenny; I've got a 2004 Yamaha VStar 650 Classic. It's a good starter bike, although I find it heavy for the amount of power it has. Probably the reason there are so many for sale is people get it for their first bike, realize they can handle something with a little more power and want to move up. Or, they had a spill, got scared, realized that motorcycling isn't for them and haven't gotten back on it. Mechanically, I'm not aware of any problems with the VStars. I've received only one recall notice and it was to add a screw to the passenger seat. I don't have a passenger seat, so I didn't take mine in. I'll admit, my 2004 has mileage in the range of the one you're looking at. I didn't ride AT ALL last year while I was waiting on my surgery. I couldn't get comfortable on it at my higher weight. I've got an appointment for tomorrow to get my state inspection so I'll be all legal again and am hoping to put on some miles this year. Blessings, Jennifer 253 / 182 / 137
Angel J.
on 4/7/06 12:23 pm - Troutdale, OR
Kenny That sounds like a great bike.. my last bike was a VStar 650.. LOVED IT! I just went to the roadstar for more power for long distance cruising. The thing is... most people want a bigger bike. They are GREAT starter bikes. You can go a long distance on them easily. I just wanted my Roadie is all. V Star 650 CLASSIC will always have a place in my heart! Hugs Angel J LOS
jvolker
on 4/8/06 12:47 am - Cornfields of Central Illinois, IL
Kenny, I'll agree with Jennifer and Angel on that...I never owned the 650, rode one a few times from a buddy. Depending on what sort of riding you're planning on is what will probably make your decision. the V-Star for a urban commuter, ride it once in a while, solo riding only...yeah, that might work. For a guy that wants to load it down or take a passenger, hop on and ride for miles and miles....hmmmm, I'd recommend moving up. One problem most folks make is buying too small on the first bike thinking they'll "move up when they get comfortable". That usually happens about the 2nd week! I'm currently on a 2000 Road Star...knock off of the Harley Road King. I've ridden both and have to say I think my Roadie with it's Cobra cruising seat is a more comfortable, long range rider for a whhhhooolllleeee lot less cash. I'm betting you're seeing a lot for resale just for the reason I stated...everyone is moving on up! But remember...no matter what you end up with..it's still a bike!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Spring is coming!
JCDan · 0 replies · 321 views
Spring 2010
Moma V. · 3 replies · 462 views
Should I sell my bike????
Jill W. · 3 replies · 553 views