Need Help With New Bike

Kenniestrek
on 4/14/06 12:07 am - NY
Ok yesterday I got my new Yamaha VStar Classic 650 its used but in mint condition with only 177 miles on it(show room quality)! I do not have a garage so my original plan was to drive it to the back of my home and keep it in my basement. Well not so easy, first it was very difficult getting it into the back with 3 small patio steps and when I finally got it in the back it would not fit into the door! Guess I measured wrong? Anyway I don't want to keep it outside covered,I want to keep it as great looking as it is and don't want it exposed to the moisture! Any suggestions of alternative storage possibilities. 1) Perhaps installing a larger door (not very suitable, still difficult to get in and out of back) 2)Storage rental (maybe only manageable solution) 3) Im told there are some type of portable storage tents available???????? Thanks All Kenny
chezeburger
on 4/14/06 1:13 am - Hopewell Jct, NY
There are numerous storage solutions available just do a google search for storage and motorcycle and you should find lots of things. I know that there is a blow up storage that you open drive bike onto it then close and add add this way the bike remains in its own environment. Let us know how you make out. http://images.kodakgallery.com/photos1771/2/34/41/12/52/0/52124134210_0_SM.jpg
dadenato
on 4/14/06 11:11 am - Anchorage, AK
First of all congrats on being a Yamaha owner ...I have a 2002 vstar silvarado 650.... I have seen at several of the warehouse stores .... IE Sams or costco carry a rubbermaid type storage shed that will actually allow you to drive into the shed. Good luck and remember rubber side down.... ....
Angel J.
on 4/16/06 2:43 pm - Troutdale, OR
Hey Kenny Now that you are an "official Star Rider" check out this site... Star welcomes all no matter what brand you ride.. http://www.startouring.org/ Hugs Angel J LOS
whichwitchiswhich
on 4/17/06 2:39 am - Easton, PA
Don't they sell little storage sheds for like $250 at Home Depot?
Kenniestrek
on 4/17/06 3:07 am - NY
Storage shed are not allowed in front yards at my complex! I found a bike barn on line and it might work? Thanks Kenny
Most Active
Recent Topics
Spring is coming!
JCDan · 0 replies · 321 views
Spring 2010
Moma V. · 3 replies · 462 views
Should I sell my bike????
Jill W. · 3 replies · 553 views