Recent Posts

Chemaine
on 11/10/05 5:05 am - San Diego, CA
Topic: RE: Any Navy wives out there?
Just an update. San Diego, now has a new surgeon for WLS and his name is Dr. Taller. Much better!!! Very easy to talk to. Cyndi
Catherine B
on 11/5/05 9:33 pm - Kingsland, GA
Topic: RE: Navy Wife Support Group @ NS Mayport
I am a northern Navy wife@ Kingsbay Georgia. I am over 2 yrs post op so if you need any support do not hesitate to email me @ [email protected]
masterchief
on 11/4/05 3:20 am - Niceville, FL
Topic: I just found this message...
I just found this message board. This is great to be able to talk WLS with other members of our Navy family. My name is Dana. My wife, Patti, and I are both considering having the WLS. In fact, I have a surgery date of 5 December 2005. I have spent hours and hours on this website reading the wls stories of others and trying to organize myself in preparation. I am interested in hearing from any of our extended military family on their wls experiences. First, a little about my wife and I. I am a retired Master Chief Hospital Corpsman. I retired in 1993 from the National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, MD. I spent 22 years in the Navy. My wife Patti is an Emergency Room Nurse at Sacred Heart Hospital in Destin FL. We are going tjrough this life altering weight loss procedure together. Patti hasn't received a surgery date as yet but we hope she does soon.
Sugabubie
on 11/1/05 8:09 am
Topic: RE: Disappointed!
Howdy, Navy wife here....well soon not to be (not my choice) married too young and hubby is still a little immature and we're having problems I'll miss being a Navy wife. Anyways we have been stationed in Monterey twice and were in Spain for 2.5 yrs...I like all the traveling around. I just had this surgery done on Oct 27 and have lost 7 lbs so far WOOHOO! Lol. Elizabeth
razsmom
on 11/1/05 6:54 am - Hillsboro, OH
WOW!!! Hi Vicki!!!! Thanks for replying.... My dates of service were from 1983 - 1988. I, too, was separated due to a service connected medical disability. I was an Electronics Technician and really enjoyed being in the service, so getting out was a hard adjustment. However, I didn't foresee having a child at the time, so don't know how happy I'd been with a newborn at home and being told that I had to go on a 6-month deployment. Things happen for the best... we just can't see it at the time. I had my son just two years after I got out of the Navy and can't imagine what I'd done if I had still been enlisted. I had my surgery on June 6th, 2005. I had lost 21 lbs just prior to surgery and have lost an additional 89 lbs since. My life has really turned around... I'm off most of my meds - everything that I was taking for my congestive heart failure, COPD, GERD, etc. I'm even off of my CPAP machine at night now!!!! Yippie-kay-aye!!! I do have a full time job... I work for the State of Ohio as a Veterans Intensive Services Coordinator, so, I get to stay connected with veterans - which is what I thought I'd miss most when I moved away from Tidewater. Congratulations on your successes with your surgery!!!! It sounds like you are doing GREAT! Again, thanks for responding.... Karen 320/210/150-ish
vicki M.
on 11/1/05 4:57 am - NAS Lemoore, CA
Hi Karen! I was in the Navy for 8 years and was stationed in Bremerton, WA, Camp Pendleton, and MCRD San Diego. I am now a dependent wife too! I had my surgery 3 months ago. How are things going for you? I am doing great! I am down 50+ pounds and I saw my GP today and he said that I would be fine with just losing about 30 more.... CRAZY! I think that I would be too, though. When we were you in? I joined in 1992 and got out for medical reasons in 2000. I am a stay at home mom of 3 now. Big change from being active duty, that is for sure! Well, glad you posted and look forward to hearing from you! Vicki
razsmom
on 10/27/05 8:46 am - Hillsboro, OH
Topic: Disappointed!
Gee, I'd really like to see more activity on this board!!! I am a Navy veteran who served 5 1/2 years in the Tidewater, Virginia area and now live in Ohio. I was active duty but was also a Navy spouse, so have both perspectives to come from. I'd love to connect with some fellow service-members who have either had WLS or are contemplating it!!! Anyone interested??? Thanks, Karen G. 320/212/150
Amber M*
on 9/8/05 2:03 pm - Northern, FL
Lenia- My DH is stationed at NAS JAX, quite a drive from Mayport with the gas prices of today.. But if you ever need a little support, encouragement, or just someone to chat with let me know.. Email me anytime... Im curious, are you having the surgery done here at NAS?? Dr Shepp?? If so make sure you let me know when your surgery is and Ill make sure to stop up and see you. So sorry your DH is going to deploy so soon after your surgery. Its hard enough just having them gone, but to have them gone when your going through WLS is going to rough.. Ill help out any way that I can.. Amber M
MrsTonyaBrown
on 8/12/05 4:23 am - Jacksonville, FL
Lenia, My husband is stationed shore duty here in Virginia Beach, but I understand. The last time I was scheduled for this surgery, he was out to sea and not due back for four months, but it was cancelled due to war being declared. (We were stationed at NAS Jax at the time) Feel free to email anytime! Tonya 2 days until surgery 403/373/?/180
Most Active
Recent Topics
clothing exchange
navy_wife · 0 replies · 320 views
New to this and the Navy
Michelle L. · 3 replies · 448 views
Hampton Roads area?
Jen R. · 1 replies · 332 views
Newbie w/PCM question
angela_in_sd · 1 replies · 442 views