Recent Posts

happyme
on 1/11/06 6:51 am - Coronado, CA
Topic: RE: WLS @ Balboa NMC anyone?
Cindi I emailed to you about how to join the Balboa WLS site. Tami
moodimus
on 1/10/06 3:14 pm - huntington beach, CA
Topic: RE: Update! Surgery
Great to hear Cyndi came through surgery well. She is on the down side now!! Heidi Moody
Chemaine
on 1/9/06 1:06 pm - San Diego, CA
Topic: Update! Surgery
I am writing this for Cyndi. Her sugery went very well and the Doctor found a hernia which was repaired at the same time. She is on ice chips and is up and walking with some pain.
Chemaine
on 1/8/06 9:19 am - San Diego, CA
Tami, Can you send me that website link? ::hugs:: Cyndi
Chemaine
on 1/8/06 9:18 am - San Diego, CA
Topic: WHICH BIRTH CONTROL IS RIGHT FOR ME?
WHAT: Learn about birth control options available WHO: Bariatric Patients and Candidates WHEN: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 6 pm - 7 pm WHERE: NMCSD (Balboa Naval Hospital, San Diego, CA) Building 5, Auditorium Guest Speaker: Capt Sheila Weibert, Obstetrics and Gynecology Dept.
Chemaine
on 1/8/06 9:08 am - San Diego, CA
Topic: POSITIVE LIFE STYLE MANAGEMENT
Who: Bariatric Surgery Patients & Candidates What: Post-Operative Change: The Patient & Family Members Guest Speaker: Dennis Patrick Wood, PhD, ABPP When: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 6pm - 7 pm Where: NMCSD (Balboa Naval Hospital, San Diego, CA) Building 5, Auditorium
moodimus
on 1/2/06 3:32 pm - huntington beach, CA
Topic: RE: Post Op Supplies
My huband and son (weight lifting suppliments) have used vitamin shoppe, also Vitamin world--they have a few outlets around SD. One down near the boarder at the new outlet mall also in Carlsbad. My DR has suggested I do a week of protein powder shakes be4 surgery. Quick weight loss, I have been pricing around, and for the best tasting (I ask for samples at the stores) I found a protein meal replacement that is only 60 calories-prior to addition of FF milk or juice. One can use water, but I am not sure about the taste. Best of all, it was on sale for $9 per can. Thanks for the info. I need to look into liquid B12 as well. Heidi
happyme
on 1/2/06 11:53 am - Coronado, CA
Hi Heidi my name is Tami and I had my WLS at Balboa June 2004. I live in Coronado. My doctor has long since left Balboa and went to a practice out of the Navy in Hollywood. I'm not from CA so I don't know how far up you are from us down here. Good luck on your surgery in February. If you want to email me privately my email is [email protected] or [email protected] We have a support group web site for military if you would like it. Let me know and you can join us there. It's pretty quite alot, but it's there. Tami
Chemaine
on 1/1/06 10:59 am - San Diego, CA
Topic: Post Op Supplies
I tried and tried to find a place I could walk in and buy my supplies... I had been using GNC but they only had my vitamins, Isopure (small supply) and the protein pudding. I found the Vitamin Shoppe!!! WOW!!!! They too have a rewards program, they have the low sugar Power Crunch Bars (4 flavors), the nectar, the premade Isopure in flats, the powdered Isopure, the protein pudding, all of my vitamins and liquid B12 and they take suggestions (unlike GNC). They are looking into getting the ProStat 64!! I normally don't like to push a store on people, but if you avoid the herbal section of the store.... you'll like what you find. Their shaker cup works better than GNC's too!!! Just thought I would share. ::hugs:: Cyndi
Chemaine
on 1/1/06 10:59 am - San Diego, CA
Heidi, Mine is January 9th!!!! at Balboa. We have classes we take and a support group. In fact on the 10th we have a person coming to talk to everyone on the changes that happen to you after surgery!! I have a friend who had VSG at Balboa and one who had RNY. Which procedure are you having. Feel free to email me. ::hugs:: Cyndi
Most Active
Recent Topics
clothing exchange
navy_wife · 0 replies · 320 views
New to this and the Navy
Michelle L. · 3 replies · 448 views
Hampton Roads area?
Jen R. · 1 replies · 332 views
Newbie w/PCM question
angela_in_sd · 1 replies · 442 views