Recent Posts

btm61
on 12/23/18 7:39 am
Topic: RE: Fad diets Fail

Private, I assume since you are on the internet you can find the same research I did. I'm not in the habit of defending myself from those who "know". How about you find a serious study that refutes my claims and show me that link? The study of which I spoke measured folks who were in programs exactly like the one I am in; consistent and regular monitoring of both physical and psychological progress, regular appointments with a nutritionist, and regular and consistent exercise programs by a professionally educated physiologist. I too have used many differing programs over the years and not only not lost weight, but actually gained weight. Now that I am on this program I am on I have experienced serious weight loss. Go ahead, tell me I'm wrong, but the numbers and my experience won't support you at all.

PrivateCitizen
on 12/23/18 3:58 am
Topic: RE: Things I'm learning

how on earth can you drag in non related 'beliefs' and 'truths'?

You lose credibility because you say what YOU believe is best, and another who does not meet your belief system must be wrong in ALL things.

You are probably totally correct on the DEXA, but please, bringing in political beliefs, claims and prejudices is not about weight loss.

and the globe HAS been warming and cooling forever, specifically you mean "man made global warming"...and see, that is your opinion, you are probably aware that many do not agree on carbon ratios, or ocean heat, etc.

I learned something from what you said about DEXA, so mission accomplished.

PrivateCitizen
on 12/22/18 10:21 pm

always post the link or how to find a reference like that, it helps those who want to real the full study for themselves. thanks

btm61
on 12/18/18 5:45 pm

Julia S., Yes I do have an update, having weighed in earlier today. I held my own, no gain no loss over the last month. My exercise regime has decreased by about 1000 calories less burned each week because of the winter months so I'm looking for new ways to exercise over the winter. Things like cross country skiing and other outdoor things. Our Fitness Trainer at the Clinic will be introducing some new classes in the New Year so I'm looking forward to trying those out, however our clinic will be shut down 4 days over the next two weeks due to the Holidays so I'll be spending more time at Planet Fitness on those days, excepting Christmas. We do have a facility in town that has racquetball courts so I'm looking into that as well. In the past my weight has prevented me from doing any of these activities but I'm leaner and stronger and feel more ready to take these things on. Still at 85 net pounds lost.

Our trainer asked us to set new fitness goals for next year so here goes: 1) complete a 5K in less than 65 minutes (I was at 78 this fall), and 2) ride a bike path through our county next summer totalling 38 miles round trip (I haven't been on a bike in more than 30 years). I'm excited to work to reach these goals. I love challenges and these two will stretch me considerably. As for weight loss goals, between 75 and 100 pounds in 2019.

I still have about 150 pounds to go to reach the top end of my "ideal" range and roughly 180 to the bottom end so there is plenty of work to do but I am really enjoying the journey.

Thanks for asking.

Julia S.
on 12/18/18 10:21 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

Any update on your progress?

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Liz J.
on 11/28/18 12:58 pm
DS on 11/29/16
Topic: RE: I opted for OA, Overeaters Anonymous instead of RNY!

OMD!! (Oh My Doggness! I'm a dog trainer...) I'm not the only one. It just feels wrong, I get leaning on someone, like my husband but to abdicate my responsibility to someone else? Not going to happen!

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

Gwen M.
on 11/28/18 11:24 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Yeah. I just couldn't wrap my head around "giving it to your higher power" since that felt too much like an abdication of personal responsibility to me.

I get that it works well for people, I am just not one of those people.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Liz J.
on 11/28/18 11:20 am
DS on 11/29/16

Glad you posted this here. I tried OA twice and just couldn't do it... I'm more of a spiritual person but not religious at all. As far as a "higher power" goes, meh not really my thing.

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

btm61
on 11/18/18 1:28 am

Holly, to update my progress, I weighed in lat Friday and was down 4 pounds over the last week. That's 85 pounds net from my high 18 months ago.

btm61
on 11/15/18 7:03 pm
Topic: RE: Things I'm learning

I probably shouldn't have done that, Jenni. I did say that it seemed to be fairly accurate in my case. The link certainly isn't what I use on a daily basis.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 348 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 474 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 682 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 896 views